900W BLACK STAR LED RDWC (Aurora ,Master Kush,Buddha Tahoe,Bubblicious) feminized.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by RO76, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Indor season is almost over , with in a month it would be too hot . I remember my last year grow , I started about the same time ( end of march , beginning of April ) and I had some serious temperature problems , it was a real pain in the ass to keep the nutrients cold and this and that... I guess I am going to start in October or so. I am thinking about outdoor , but I live in urban area and it is very hard to find safe place to grow . I have found few spots ( just passing by in the car) but have not check them trough google maps and in person...

2. Ah crap... I fully understand the heat issues though. peace.

3. That would be awesome, I drool over the outdoor pics people post, makes even the indoor "monsters" look like seedlings.

I would be way too nervous come harvest to go cut down and pack up some plants in public. I'd be scared someone would see and I'd get busted. Or some ass hole would cut the thing to the ground before I could get to it. Probably not if the place is right, but I'm the paranoid type.

None the less, sorry that this season turned out to be a flop.

4. This is good to know. I was thinking of getting a 900...I use the same tent and basic fan filter combo. I was curious about temps with that big boy though. I might just pick up 500 or another 240..prob 240..

5. Sux balls!

Just curious... Are you in a room with an air conditioner? When my house feeds fresh air to the room I seem to be 2-3 degree over ambient temperature. Without house air it gets hotter.

6. #46 bi0x, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Ugh...sorry to hear that...shame you couldn't just throw your 600W air cooled HID in there & see the rest of the grow through, but hey, no need to stress over it.

I could imagine the 900W putting out some serious heat, but hopefully the 240W is a bit more mild in comparison. My ambient temps are always around 80-85*F these days. The inline fan just doesn't do enough it seems for a self ballasted HID like mine.

7. That sucks big time.... I feel sort of bad since I told you I was not having heat issues with my 2X500 blackstar.

Just curious... Is the room your tent is in air conditioned. Before I turned my air on I noticed without the cool air circulating in the room my temps would be 7-8 degree hotter than the room temperature. But with the air conditioner feeding the room it keeps things only a few degrees over the room temp with just an exhaust fan. When I switch to hydro I'll probably run a tube right from the air conditioning vent to the tent to keep res temps cool.

Harvested my 2 Critical+ autos last weekend. About to flip my photos to 12/12 tomorrow.

8. Not trying to hijack a thread....but...WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GROW WITH A 900 Blackstar? I want to see it in action before I take the plunge...it has to be cooler that a 1000 watt hps..I might just have to bite the bullet and take one for the team..

9. I'm running 2X500 watt right now. Almost went for the 900 but decided on the 500s so if I had plants of differing heights I could adjust them independently.

PS.... It sounds as if you PM RO you might be able to find one cheep. ;-}

10. 2 500's might be the way to go..enough umphh..with the capability of moving them idependelty of each other.....decisions..decions...FML lol

11. #51 Tihspeed, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    subbed for updates... nice to see a good grower trying his hand at this light... I'm interested to know the exact wattage rating on that light... because its a 900 watt replacement value, not actual...

I cannot wait to see where this goes

*nevermind.. i went back and read after posting and i see this is over... bummer... but not unexpected with the actual heat these things generate... intake temps need to be lower to help with cooling and constant air movement is needed to help maintain lower temps...

it would be interesting to see someone remove the fans and use liquid to help cool the light with a waterblock system and a small chiller, like an ice probe on a small container of water..

please PM me if you start another journal.. i'd like to sub

12. Power consumption of 900w Black Star is about 550w or so .

13. i cant rep you, but thanks for answering