900W BLACK STAR LED RDWC (Aurora ,Master Kush,Buddha Tahoe,Bubblicious) feminized.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by RO76, Mar 18, 2012.

1. U should put a bucket in the middle of the 4, like 4 hydro, 1 coco In the middle where the best light is

2. I like the idea of utilizing as much light as possible, but when they grow bigger it would be impossible to change the nutrients in the middle bucket . Also ,4 plants in dr90 are very tight when they grow bigger , 5 plants will be too much .And you are right at this moment most of the light is concentrating on the middle, but when I switch to 12/12 everything will change , none of it going to be wasted.:wave:

3. Master Kush popped out from the rockwool last night,rest of the seeds are still "quiet".

Attached Files:

• MK.JPG
      MK.JPG
      File size:
      377.3 KB
      Views:
    • S.JPG
      S.JPG
      File size:
      514.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Good to see you back in action. Subbed!

5. You will laugh Elvis, my wife was looking at the computer screen last night while I was looking at your LED pics and she said, What's that it looks like a stripper show. I told her it is some badass LED lights, then I showed her the up close pics. rofl. She has both eyes on me.

6. Another one on the far right popped out ( I forgot which one is that) . PhUcK I am high :) just smoked some White widow and bubble hash .LIFE IS GOOD ,PEOPLE !!!:smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. 3 out of 4 are popped out , so I am going to count today as day one of 18/6.

8. [quote name='"RO76"']3 out of 4 are popped out , so I am going to count today as day one of 18/6.[/quote]

And the Journey "begins" :)

Mine begins again soon, as well. So yay.

Puff Puff Pass

9. #29 RO76, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    DAY TWO 18/6
    Hey guys,sorry for ruining the show , but I had to abort this one.I feel like a total douche for doing that, but my temperature is getting out of control. Temperature inside of the tent is in upper 80's low 90's and reservoir temperature is 26c (79F)!!!! You can imagine how bad it is going to get with in a month.
    This short grow clearly shows that LED light does emit good amount of heat.Companies who advertize LEDs are right that LEDs produce less heat than HID , but they forget to tell you that they are talking about HID with out cooling .Air cooled HID(600W) will produce same or slightly less amount of heat than 900W Black star ,(can not speak about 180W,240W and 500W Black stars, never had them). When i was running 600W HID I was using 450cfm vortex fan for independent reflector cooling and 150cfm vortex with PHRESH filter for tent ventilation and my temperatures were in the mid to high 70's and reservoir temperature was in mid 60's .
    Running the 900W Black star rose temperature (i was running only 150cfm vortex for tent ventilation/cooling ((total air exchange with in 20 seconds)) to unacceptable levels 10-13 degrees (F) higher than ambient temperature ....I do not want to spend any money on reservoir cooler nor on portable AC, and i do not want to deal with the grow which will turn in to a night mare with in few weeks ,so fuck it...
    Another thing that I can tell to some first time grower that YOU CAN PLACE YOUR SEEDS IN TO DWC OR RDWC as soon as they germinate and they will do just fine....
    Good luck to everyone and happy growing,see you sometimes in the future.:wave:
    p.s.I do not want to make any promises but since I have 2 lights I might run head to head grow between 600HID and 900W Black star in the future to compare them and see the outcome since wattage consumption is about the same.

Attached Files:

10. Why didn't you just stick your 600w back in there?

11. I thought that LED would be cooler ,... :(

12. Lol.... How long u Gona veg for?

13. On what day does the seeds roots hit water?

14. I meant, instead of scrapping the grow and wasting the seeds why don't you put the 600w in now?

15. Nice RO! Let's finish this one out this time! :p

:wave: I hope it all works out this time bro!

16. I'm experiencing the same thing with my 240, but luckily it only brings temps up to around 82 tops but res temps are still low to mid 70s. Might be time to build a res chiller out of an old dorm room refrigerator and aquarium pump I have laying around. That being said, there has to be a solution to properly vent these damn LEDs.

Maybe I will build independent duct work for the LED fixture and allow the cooling fans to do the work; forced intake through the top, passive exhaust from the sides vented back outside the area. It would be a pretty bulky looking device though.

17. update update

18. I hope like hell your just lazy and there is not some real problem, RO

19. I stopped this one ,had some heat issues with black star,just go back to the 2nd page where I explained the problem....

20. Elvis, when are you thinking about firing up your tent again?