90 days to harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deadtrend6, Jun 24, 2010.

1. is it true that their are autoflowering strains that are seed to harvest in 90 days?

high times has a seed bank selling something that supposedly works like this.

it says

"90 days seed to harvest - 100 grams dry"

obviously i may have been duped, but if their is a chance that its reall i would like to know

2. I don't think you've been duped-

Its possible to go from seed to harvest in 90 days with an autoflowering strain like lowryder, I have heard claims of as little as 60-70 days from seed to harvest.

Autoflowering plants "skip" the veg stage and proceed to flower shortly after germination. They stay short in stature and give lower amounts of bud per plant, but they are a good choice if time and height are limitations.

Many commercial autoflowering strains like lowryder are crosses of the relatively THC-poor russian landrace "Cannabis ruderalis", (a strain that survives the short Russian summer by flowering immediately after germination) with other non-autoflowering cultivars known for their potency. These crosses retain the autoflowering characteristics of the ruderalis plants, but produce more THC.

In Lowryder's case, a ruderalis called Mexique was crossed with the more potent Williams Wonder (Indica x Indica) and Northern Lights #2 (Indica x Indica)

Here is a friend's Lowryder @ 70 days

[​IMG]

The strain stays about 10" tall 5" wide, but will stretch under CFLs. takes 7-9 days to sprout.

P.S.: I understand that it doesn't like heavy nutes.

3. They don't give a benchmark for that 100gram claim. I'm hoping for 100 grams per plant from my regular ladies.

They are either referring to 100 grams per X amount of horizontal space and not per plant, or just talking outta their asses. Everyone is a car salesman...

4. do you happen to know what the average dried weight is for one of their lowrhyders is?

5. yes there are auto flowers that work, and harvest in under 90days .....doubt 100 grams though .. try closer to 25-50 grams per plant...

would I trust High Times to tell me the color of the sky ..HELL NO...they are only an advertisement rag ..been that way sense about 1986..want stoners to believe a myth ..get it printed in High Times..and their ad space is cheap...they still try to get folks to buy Phototrons, I mean come on ...

6. yea i know/ i dont generaly buy them but a friend has like 40 copies so i was flipping through