9 Weeks of flower... Close?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrfett3463, Dec 29, 2014.

1. How's it going guys? Just asking for a little advise on my first harvest, I know all these "is it ready" threads get old and I apologize.

I flipped the light on Oct 20 and the Skunks showed sex in less then a week so they are going on Week 9 of flower. How much longer should I let them go? Most the hairs have turned but there are still some new white pistols. 

Plants: 2x Sleestak Skunks
    Soil: FFOF
    Nutes: FF Tiger Bloom and FF Big Bloom
    Been giving only water for about 12 days
    Lights: CFLs and Floros

Last week was the last time I noticed any real fattening up of the buds. Even my lower popcorn buds are all orange'd as well. I don't have a scope or a lens so I'm having to do this the old school way. What do you guys think?

First 2 pics are Skunk #1. The 2nd two are Skunk #2

My other 2 plants I know are not ready yet. Do you think the Skunks are ready or give them a few more days? Thanks in advance :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. Your strain looks sativa dominant and they can take a long time to flower.  I think you've got at least two weeks to go.  Please buy a loupe or microscope so you can be sure.  It's really a bummer to chop too early.  They look really good, just still look immature to me.  Good work.

3. I'd also say about two weeks left. They look like the calyxes are just starting to swell. They should fill out nicely over the next couple of weeks 

I will try to get a loupe I know it would really help out. Is a 60x good enough?

Thanks for the replies. The skunks are 70% Sativia. So it looks like I just have to play the waiting game.

Attached Files:

5. Yes, a 60X loupe will be fine.  I had to chop my sativa dom at least three weeks early and I was so disappointed.  The buds were sticky and smelled great, but the high- not so good.

6. Why wasn't the high so good?

7. It wasn't ripe 

8. Ok cool I'll have to get one. I admit I stole a nug from my plant and it was nice and sticky but you could tell is wasn't ready and dried quick. wasn't worth it. So I just have to wait it out. Got enough smoke luckily :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

9. A couple week 10 pics. Sorry for the cell pics.

Skunk #1
    Skunk #2
    Cheese
    Super Silver haze

Attached Files:

10. Not too far away maybe a week or so with that cfl lighting you look like you've done a damn good job tbf

Who said you cant grow venom on trees?? Psycho ses or shiva tangerine dream k2 lemon or cheese.. One crop? 24 keys