9 weeks into flowering and problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by frogmouth, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I have one plant in a 4 gal container soil grow under a 250 HPS. Things have been looking great, she is huge and full. I had been feeding her with Tiger Bloom, and about 2 weeks ago I flushed her out and started with PH adjusted water and molasses.

Last week I noticed that the leaves on the cola, (smaller leaves not fan leaves) were looking dry, yellowing with brown spots. I checked the sick plant thread and looks mostly like Manganese def. I hit her again w/ the tiger bloom to try and correct it, but there has been no change. I'm sure that she is close to being ready, should I still be feeding her ferts so close to harvest? Should I flush her again? Should I just ignore the dying leaves?

I'm just at a loss of what to do, any help is appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. I don't know what strain you have or how long it takes to flower that strain but 9 weeks seems to be quite far into flowering for any strain, unless you have a long flowering sativa of like 14 weeks. It's normal for these sorts of things to happen in flowering, if she's close to flowering then I wouldn't worry about it. For most strains you should have stopped feeding nutes by the 9th week.

3. Its Nirvana Cali. Orange Bud, they say it finishes in 10 weeks. She has been on 12/12 for 9 weeks, but the first week was less than optimum as my blub croaked after 1 cycle. Then I think my grow tent was too crowded with her 2 brothers for about 2 weeks. Looking at her all of the hairs are still white, and the trichs are all clear. I wish I could get a good pick of her, but my camera won't work under that light and shes a bear to move around. How much longer do you think she has?

I did give it one does of ferts, should I flush it again?

4. If all of the hairs are still white then I think she has quite a while to go mate. I'm no expert but I don't think she's going to be finished for another few weeks. Is there much bud mass on her?

You're probably best waiting for a more experienced grower to answer this, sorry! :eek:

5. Theres tons of bud mass, so much that i had to tie the top cola so it doesn't fall over.

Thanks Don, can anyone else help?

6. hairs dont mean anything,get your self a good 10x microscope at radioshack and check the tricomes,people cant judge if thier bud is done anymore by the color of thier hairs.

7. Thanks Sexy, but I did mention that the trichromes are all still clear (I have a microscope). My questions are:

Should I be worring about the yellow and brown spots on leavves growing out of the cola? (pic)
    How long does it take the trich to go from clear to amber?
    Should I re-flush my plant because I gave it one dose of Tiger Bloom?

8. I need to bump this!

Its almost 12 weeks now (Nirvana says it finishes in 10 weeks) and most of the fan leaves are dead or dying and the plant isn't finished yet. All of the trichromes are still clear. The fan leaves are changing all different colors and shrivling up and dying and the leaves on the buds are getting brown spots as pictured above.

I have since reflushed the plant w/ PH adjusted water, and I have been giving her nothing but water since then.

Is my plant dying?
    There are almost no cloudy trichromes, how long does it take for them to change over?

Help please!

9. The flowering clock starts when buds have already formed not when 12/12. That is when the seed banks usually say the flowering time comes in when flowering startsd not 12/12 [unless specified]. Your tiger bloom should be giving it all essential nutrients and keep in mind, yellowing towards the end of flower is totally normal. Do you have any natural light pictures of the entire plant?

10. Thanks Smkn!

Its probally got a few more weeks then. I will restart with the Tiger Bloom again.

What is the deal with flushing? Why do we flush? How long can I put off flusing before harvest? Whats going to happen if i wait too long?

Also can someone please tell me how long it takes for the trichromes to turn from clear to amber? Are we talking days weeks or what?

I love the replies, but no one has answered a single question I have put forth!

11. Flushing is giving the pots tripple the amount of water to pot size; 3 gallon pot, 15 gallons of fresh water for a flush. In soil it is necessary to do to get out all excess salts and nutes and to make sure thwey are out, start 2 weeks before harvest. Of course this is an estimation because each strain takes different times to rippen and for trichs to go from clear to cloudy to amber. Usually I think it could take a few weeks to go from clear to amber.