9 Days till Harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stickynp0t3nt, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hey guys this is my first hydroponic grow, its been going fairly well so far with no problems other than a little stretching in the beginning but nothing a fan & some supports couldn't fix. Anyways i have been growing since the 5th of January and on 12/12 since early march, I have about 300 watts total of compact flourescent light on them and the buds are really nice for a cfl grow. I just started the flush process today. I have one question though about harvesting, some of the buds on the lower part of the plant aren't ready to be cut yet and i was wondering if i could just cut the 5 or 6 colas down and let the other buds develope & fill in more as they are not ready yet. I'll post pics within the hour or 2 when im done getting cleaned up.

2. Yea you can cut the buds off of the top of the plant and let the others go a few more days if u want. Be careful to not just chop off the entire branches though, just trim off the buds if u want the plant to still grow. If u do it properly u could get a secondary harvest out of it

3. Same thing NYC said. If you just cut the buds off without hurting the branch. I dont see why it wouldnt continue to grow. :)

4. naw dude i want big ass nugs idc about re-growing or yielding anymore right now but that was a good suggestion anyway

5. Here are the pics of the 6 colas that i was going to cut down, maybe not the skinny one that was a bag seed strain and obviously not much yield compared to the other 2 plants.

Attached Files:

6. yeah, I'd give them at least three more weeks :cool:

7. 3 weeks is good advice.

8. I hate to say it bro but i wouldnt cut that plant down for a while longer... them buds dont look like they have filled out very good at all... just a thought... how long has she been flowering for?

9. yea i was thinking the same thing....doesnt look ready at all.

10. ya i decided that i wasnt gunna harvest on the 20th but on the original date, may 1st, but oshgoshkabosh i think your wrong about there being less thc if i harvest now its been flowering for about 6 weeks now and thats since buds have appeared and its at its peak THC production now. The longer i wait the more of the THC will break down into CBD. I was thinkin about just cutting down one cola though so i can have a nice head rushing high

11. i didn't see a good percentage of orange\brown pistils. the buds do look lovely though. well done on the grow.

12. From experience and how premature the specimen is 3 weeks should do it.
    Get a magnifying loop from radio shack and check the trichomes if you want to be exact.

13. like i said im waiting till may 1st that should be plenty of time

14. My bad I didn't take time to add up dates lol.
    Blunt of headband got me bent.
    Post pics when it's almost ready I want to see how it fills out.

15. well i already started flushing, should i flush for 2 weeks or put nutrients back in, i think it would be a waste to put the nutrients back in because they last for 2-3 weeks before i have to refill my tank. My cannabis grow bible said that once 30% of the hairs start to turn color that it doesnt need many more nutrients and should just use water for the last couple weeks

16. Judging by the pics it could still benefit from a little feeding but it's not totally necessary.
    You're on the right track, what products were you using?

17. Check the trichs under magnification as the only reliable way to know when to harvest. Don't go by the calendar, don't go by the color of the hairs.

18. i dont know how all you can say nice grow when its a little obvious that he is lacking light by the streching of the plant. i would def let that thing go another 3 weeks then a flush. i would recommend that you get a few more lights or move the ones you got closer. im not knocking your grow but im knockin everyone saying its beautiful.

19. defently not enough light. you can't grow sativa plants under floresent light & get a good harvest. the plants need more than 9 days , more like 3 weeks . do ur self a favor & get them some more lights. with some more grows under ur belt u will see for ur self:mad:

20. green chronic - well lets see i have an HPS and a ballast but not a socket for the HPS to screw in i havent had the time to go up to home depot or somewhere to get it.

cutter bob - idk what your talking about sativa plants because they're mostly indica