9 days old, yellowing, drooping

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mattyblaze, Apr 15, 2008.

1. I am growing feminised big bangs i bought from cannabean and they are about a week and a half old. Under a well ventilated 42w cfl for the time being. Transplanted this morning to current container, was in a 4 oz dixie cup previously. This has only happened in the past day or two. Soil is a 1/3 of compost, to 2/3 organic miracle grow. Was previously in a soilite potting soil w/o nutes. Any help would be much appreciated. Have other healthy plants so I cannot figure out why these are having issues under same conditions. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Could be the recent transplant. Sometimes they droop after the transplant. However, see how they are starting to yellow? Weed that is younger than three weeks does not ned any food and between the compost and MG, they have had a lot. And MG has poor drainage to boot which could be why the droop. The soil looks awefully wet.

3. I actually thought drainage might be a problem. One was starting to droop before the transplant, but the soil was quite dry so I thought that might be the reason. The soil is very wet, when I watered it I put enough water in so it began to drip out the bottom. Im hoping that as the condition improves they will rebound. I will post some updated pics in a few days of their updated condition

4. Your over watering for one. Your soil looks like mud.

5. ok well a bit of an update here. Today is day 12, and I have no watered since my original post in hopes that they would dry out a bit and recover. Things are looking up for the two yellow plants, they seem to be growing new leaves slowly but I don't know if they will make it. A third plant is a bit yellow as you can see but not nearly as bad as the other two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please let me know what you guys think

6. That soil looks a little dense and compacted. You might want to mix some pearlite in there.

The plants still look a little overwatered, but otherwise they're not too bad. Give them a couple more days.

7. The soil is fairly compacted, that was one mistake I may have made. How would you recommend mixing perlite in without disrupting the root system?

8. washing off the roots would be risky for such young seedlings after such a recent transplant. I would say mix up some soil and perlite, then transplant, when transplanting carefully dispose of some dirt from around the roots. Don't go crazy though. Just what doesn't have roots holding it together. Then transplant. It's better to do this is the beginning of their light cycle as to give them a whole day to recover. They will need it.

9. Would watering more lightly in the future now that I know how much water the soil retains solve this problem. I understand that the perlite would make the soil drain better, but at this point I am just nervous about transplanting so much when they are so young. At their current age, how long would it be recommended to keep them in there current container before going bigger? I was thinking 2 weeks to a month