9 day old MIRACLE GROW SOIL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motionmountain, May 6, 2011.

1. i have miracle grow 3 month feed :O! MG transformed my clay dirt into workable soil and it drains pretty darn well for being 30% clay as well! i water every day!? why arent either of my plants dying!?!? this is madness! my friend grew with MG, next to FFOF and got nearly identical results?? the FFOF had just a few more budsites. I dont know why but i dont think it is worth 4 times the cost!?! PH problems? my soil is 6.4! and doesnt hardly ever change! Flush your plants if using miracle grow with 4 or less months of nutes! it also confuses me when people say it doesnt have what MJ wants? Shoot you can grow a green healthy plant with 0 nutrients, it surely wont hurt your plants because it lacks anything! but if you can afford 20$ a Cu.ft. go for it

2. #42 Ccoastal, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    LOL u can grow a sprout with 0 nutes that's about it, either ur SOIL has nutes in it, or your FERTILIZER does, saying u need no nutes to grow a 'green healthy' plant is fricking ridiculous and prob one of the dumbest things I have ever heard, it would be like growing in sand the whole way, try it and see what happens, it will get 2-4 inches tall and die a fast and pitiful death

3. im talkin soil :D

4. #44 Ccoastal, May 14, 2011
    As in soil with or without nutes?, I will agree that soil containing nutes needed will grow a plant, but MJ depletes soil quickly, that's y 99.99999% of ppl use ferts, organic or otherwise, and is also why when keeping a mother for years, every year u need to take it out of the pot, shave off an inch or so off each side and replace that soil u took off, regardless of if u are using a full spectrum of ferts and that is only if your ph is balanced, with a wack ph ur plant won't absorb certain nutes depending on if it's high or low

5. I bet you can finish a marijuana plant with only a feww problems not adding nutrients... but im all for nutrients and flush. lol. and yeah i agree that ph is important. and u can get your roots on nute lock. :)

6. Ya the wording threw me off with 0 nutes lol first thing that popped in my mind was that's why u don't use straight water for hydro lol a few years back we had a huge forrest fire and when we went to clear fore trails we found an abandoned garden an the plants were huuuge with developed buds but when we took a few branches and dried them out they were total garbage, an we threw it all away after 2 bowls, lesson learned, attention is crucial

7. MM let the soil completely dry out between waterings, this will help control the time release fertilizers in the soil. it will grow in MG soil, and if it is your first grow then by growing in mg soil you are doing yourself a favor actually. because you will have problems with this soil later (ph problems, nitrogen lock out, etc) it will teach you what these problems look like, and hopefully how to correct them.

dont expect to grow a cup winner your first go round, but be proud of what you have grown.. you're trying to satisfy yourself, not everyone else on here.

CCoastal i dont know why you're being a dick to this guy, if you hate MG soil that much, go to the hydro threads and leave this one to the people that are actually trying to help. MG soil will help this guy become a better grower in my opinion simply because of the problems entailed with growing in MG.

8. #48 Ccoastal, May 14, 2011
    Lol did u not read the whole convo or what bro ur makin urself look dumb talkin shit when u had nothing to do with the posts back ad forth between me and him and my
    Comment was about growing with 0 nutes not MG soil, pay attention before u start talkin shit

9. Who's bein a dick? He said u can grow with 0 nutes, I said either ur soil or fert had nutes in it, we went from there nothing about MG soil, about nute availability, before u assume he got all butthurt about it why don't u ask him... Seems to me we were both on level headed terms with the convo, appreciate the peanut gallery tho lol, hmm reason for ur reps? Possibly LOL

10. Here I'll ask kingskate, did u get upset by our convo?

11. ccoastal you have added nothing but negativity to this thread, not me. and my "rep" on here doesnt really mean much to me, i am going to say what i have to say, and honestly i dont care if it upsets anyone.. i have been nothing but civil to anyone and everyone on this entire site, except Ziggy (weedstar glass blower) and me and him have had words in the past, and most people who i come across like the comment rather than giving me rep over it, either way it sways me not. im trying to sit here and enjoy my blunt, spread what little information i can give on the subject in hoping that my experiences on the subject will help someone deal with then, and not kill their plants.

12. #52 engneer, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    LOL...interesting opinion. I'm using the MG Moisture Control and so far it's working out very nicely.

13. #53 Ccoastal, May 14, 2011
    Lol ok bro so me saying nutes are needed for a healthy plant isn't some helpful info? If u took the time to read the convo u would see how it played out, a misunderstanding due to wording. Hate on it all u want but there is no disillusion in my statements. I like how one remark gets so
    Many ppls panties in a twist, especially when clearly they didn't follow the chit chat but just jump on a bandwagon

14. Hey man, those plants look great, but you definitely need to give them fertilizer. When the plants leaves yellow like that it is because the plant is using those leaves for nitrogen.

You can use MG fertilizer if you want. If you get the blue stuff that dissolves in water you can use one teaspoon per gallon of water and they will love it. ;)

15. hahaha fuck all of ya's LOL jk *takes a drink off his modelo tall boy and hits some hyrdro* anyways homies heres the latest pic of suzie in mg soil shes 2 weeks old and ya everyone chill =) :hello:

Attached Files:

16. Im not one to hold harsh feelings! Spread the love haaha! I do get offended slightly by the occasional "Blunt Opinion" with that tone of anger, but i knew it was a misunderstanding! :D.

But if you dooo buy MG and you dont flush( DO NOT FLUSH WITH 4+ Months of FERTS OR IT WILL OVER FERT! Better yet try not to buy it with 4+ months of ferts, if you do then dilute with some soiless or native soil, if outdoors) you willl have some gritty harsh buds. but look at it this way...i dont have to fertilize my plants for 3 months! untill flower!

17. finally someone realizes the fertilizer line. its going to react to fertlizers designed for that soil... just like fox farm nutes work great in fox farm soil... ccoastal im not here to get flustered over a simple debate, if you use the product like it is designed to be used you will get good results, i speak from personal experience simply because it is the only soil sold in my region because Scotts which owns MG is based in my state. capitalism is a bitch i know... i have used mg soils for years to grow several different species of plants, from orchids, roses, vegetables, cooking herbs, etc with great results.

18. yea my bad for gettin all huffy just how gangsters are ya know?? YOU KNOW?! lol anyways yea its all gravy baby peace out fellaz :wave: west coaaaast !

19. hahaha wessttcooassttt!!! I'll be stickin around for those results mate. keep the updates comin!