9 day old MIRACLE GROW SOIL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motionmountain, May 6, 2011.

1. Since MG is considered "not good" by so many, what do you all suggest to a novice? Only thing that I can get around me is MG and what ever other brands that are at walmart. No fox farms anywhere near me.

I read that soiless mix is the way to go so I have been using all along and I do find that my leaves are more light green to yellow sometimes...(if this has anything to do with this subject).

2. you will be fine just like i will be....just dont ever water the mg soil when u put it in ur pot or bucket whatever it is ur using...cuz its very moist already and takes weeks to dry out...so ur plants are fine in that amount of moisture .......mines been 2 weeks and barely watered it once....all about watering

3. Reason I ask (aside from the obvious) is because my plants are getting yellow leaves both low and middle of my plants. The threads that I have read all say that this could be a nitrogen deff but I am worried about feeding since MG already contains nutes. If I start feeding them, wont I do worse to my plants?

4. dude sounds like u over watered and release to much from those little nitrogen balls in the soill let that shit dry out! and yes you will do worse!

5. Thanks. Im going to attach a few pics I took of my plants so you all can see exactly what Im talking about. One thing that you wont be able to see from the pics is that there is also some purple coloring starting to come in around the leaf stems and colas:confused:.

Attached Files:

6. If theres a Home Depot near you go for Lambert Organic Potting Mix.. Supposedly comes with no nutes $10 ... doing good for me so far.....
    [​IMG]

7. hmmm hard to tell least u are in flowering so youve pretty much got it in the bag u know? but yea u got me beat there bro.... :-/

8. Thanks! I'll look it up when I get out to my depot.

Yeah, Ive had two harvests so far using MG mix (one last night)...both times, I have had this happen with my plants. I just never really get my plants to get very bushy. I want to get better!;)

By the way, here's a pic of my 2nd harvest. I'll get better at my manicuring as I get further into the hobby. I already gave it away to friend who will dry it and do whatever...Im just in it for the science.

Attached Files:

9. WOWWW very nice buds bro! let me know how they smoke or i mean what your friend says about it ok? gnight man im outtie! im posting new pics tommorow yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! lol:hello:

10. While some soils are better than others, lets keep in mind the crop shall grow anywhere. I am growing in MG Miracle, and the plants lost all signs of deficiency when I transplanted out of my clone guys pot. So while there is definitely better than MG Organic, it is better than anything else at the store I went to, and I didnt feel like driving for 45 mins(one way) to go to the dang hydrostore, and so far nothing has happened to make me regret it.

Short version: Some is better than MG, some arent, but MG definitely isnt "garbage" by any means, at least, IMHO.

11. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just wondering if I can get this back up and try to get an answer? Anybody?

12. Where do you live? I heard some MG lacks Magnesium(red stems). And most clay soil has an abundance of magnesium. If you are too scared to fertilize try getting a handfull of dry clay on top before watering!! Just an idea:hello:

13. #33 motionmountain, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    ok guys here is an updated picture......gotta question....look closely and you will see what looks like some green hairs on a few of the nodes.....whats up with that? and yes this plant is doing excellent in mg soiil....why? cuz i know what im doin..

Attached Files:

14. Those arent female hairs i dont think?

They look like stipules?

15. ok cool thanks

16. other than a ph problem due to the Urea used as a nitrogen source in MG soils i had absolutely no problem with it what so ever. alot of people on here who have used MG soils with little-no success have gone with a watering schedule for other soils.. this bit of info comes directly from personal experience, but you have to let the soil basically completely dry out between waterings/feedings. if the soil remains even the slightest bit moist the fert balls will break and you'll have problems, i know this for a fact because when i first attempted to grow i made this mistake on several plants. you can grow some damn good bud in MG soil, it takes a bit more work, but it can be done.

17. this is the problem with Miracle Grow....

its not designed for MJ, at all

you can sit a new grower down and explain about time released nutrients and how exactly to water or not over water.... about mixing in perlite to help with drainage... how to test ph runoff and adjust to bring the PH back to where it needs to be.... what type of nutes, if any, you should be using....

or you can take a quick jog down to a local hydro shop and be done with the whole deal...

the quick jog makes it easier to fine tune a problem grow back on track in five seconds with the help of fellow growers...

if your knee deep in the wrong type of miracle grow and you happen to be super stoned and over water your plants...... melt down city... best just to start over

to each their own... whats five bucks and a car ride

18. MG soil=not what it's cracked up to be, even for veggies, it lacks a lot of basic trace minerals needed for healthy growth, plus u can't flush ur plant, it contains time release ferts that break down slowly at a steady rate for 6-9 months no matter how much straight water u put through it, u will never stop feeding it and u will taste it in ur bud, instead of sweet dankness it will be more like a flaming marshmallow

19. you wanna know what soil is pure crap is EarthGro potting mix by scott's. it killed my first 10 plant cus it is mud. seriously i took the pots and pulled the plants out and it was water logged mud... it sucks

20. #40 Ccoastal, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Drainage is important lol