9/4/11 - CBS's 60 Minutes interviews Julian Assange (Wikileaks)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Sep 5, 2011.

1. 9/4/11? You sure?

This is old

2. If only this supposed whistle blower didn't work for the US government I'd be more interested.

3. Yeah it's from tonights show. Unless they just re-aired an old interview labeling it as new?

4. conspiracy!

5. I definitely don't ever watch 60 minutes but this was posted today. How old do you think this is? Maybe January? They did mention something about that timeframe at the end of the interview.

:laughing: Nevermind

6. It's from January, CBS posted it on youtube. That's where I saw it. I only remember because I wanted to punch the interviewer in the face because of his pretentious questions.

7. That's not what I meant at all hahaha

8. Sounds like they ran out of people to interview

9. With the recent Wikileaks, uh leaks, you'd think they would interview him again.

10. [​IMG]

11. it is fuckin weird, maybe they added more recent context to the interview or something and used the discussions from january.

12. Those videos were awesome, Assange is a legend and will go down in history. And poor Maning, a prisoner of conscience...

13. yeah, I watched this a few hours ago. At the end of the piece they mentioned it that this was a re-airing of a story they originally covered in January. Shame they didn't really update it or give a new context to the piece. I caught bits and pieces of it when it aired earlier this year but it was cool to see it in full. 60 Minutes does shit like that alot. They re-air something they did a few months ago without really providing any new information, then they tack on some Andy Rooney old man rants and call it a new episode.