9/3/9/3 light cycle?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by crispy critter, Jan 26, 2009.

1. i was wondering if anyone has tried a9/3/9/3 light cycle for veg? we're doing fine for the time being. but this summer is going to be hell trying to keep our 2nd floor room cool while running 6000w of hps light. when the lights go out we can get it down to 65 in about 20 min(last summer we only had 4000w but it took the same or slightly longer),and it takes about 9 hours to get back up to 80. so i was thinking...
    any thoughts?

2. plants will have a nice time in the heat as long as it isnt too hot, but for the amount of time you are giving them light, its going to confuse them, granted they wiwill be quite warm with those lights, but its like making your self try to sleep every 9 hours for 3 hours then back up for 9, with some strains it could happen, but most likely is going to exhaust the plants, or not to enough for them, and causing them to stress more, with that much wattage, you seem as though you have been doing this for awhile, but still, i dont recommend it, but live and learn, maybe it will work, but doubtful, test it, but dont waste a big grow on it. pz - sm0ak.