9-11

Discussion in 'General' started by Eight Sizzler, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hey GC

So I was talking to my friend about 9/11 and came to a conclusion why the hell are we still going crazy over it with tv shows and what not, its like shark week but 9-11 .

Don't get me wrong, I truly am sorry for those who were affected by that horrible day, respect to them for pulling through ( sure not all have) but yea.

I mean what is the point if having shows about it after 10 years . We all know the stories and what not. Give it a break. I don't think we all need a yearly reminder of what happened and how, shouldn't dwell too much.

I am not trying to offend anyone or start a argument so please let's prevent this from happening.

Just want your opinion, what do you guys think ?

Again I hope I don't get flamed and it turns into those threads. Just sharing my opinion.

2. I think it's a cold case

3. Gotta keep the fear going

4. #4 Eight Sizzler, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    So its a technique of fear, keeping the war on terrorism alive basically?
    Or just in general.

5. Quite frankly, the "war on terror" is pretty general. So both

6. more like the war on whoever has oil fields we don't own

7. Isn't that the case, for most of the US 'Wars on...'?

They have to be general, so they can be sold over and over again, seeing as they never can be won...

8. Because if we forget we will start questioning the Invasian of Iraq and Afghanastan :eek: no really they control people with fear.

9. Yep absolutely

10. Kinda getting tired of hearing bout 911 my self. rather see a dog eat a lemon or something.
    9-11 = boring

11. You wanna see a dog eat a lemon
    [​IMG]

12. well scratch that from my list.

13. December 7th is still Pearl Harbor day. 9/11 is going to be the same. The severity of what happened that day is not going to cause it to die down for quite a while.

14. #14 Bong n a Blintz, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    Yea it gets more painful to watch the news every day. Definitely feels like it could be a little bit of a scare tactic; pretty frustrating the way our society is aimed around negativity...

edit: Just saying we learn our whole lives that looking back to the past and letting those emotions cloud our future decisions is a bad idea...Its time we learn from it?

15. First thank you all for not attacking me on this thread, seems like GC has been on edge lately when it comes to politics.

Any who yea, I understand its going to be another pearl harbor thing but Jesus this is torture. Im fed up with all the negativity and what not.

And seriously, the interview with Bush......really? After ten years...

16. #16 Eight Sizzler, Sep 3, 2011
    Exactly I agree with your edit, we always talk about moving on and being a stronger America, yet I feel we dwell on the past too much at times.

17. What's wrong with that exactly?

18. #18 Eight Sizzler, Sep 3, 2011
    I just personally find out way too late for that, and fake. That's all.