9/11

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bluntman209, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I remember I was in like 4th grade, and almost everyones parents picked them up except for mine

but it's all good

Shit was crazy though, especially since I lived in Long Island at the time

2. I have a penny pressed from the world trade center with the NYC background with them still in it. Used to get them everywhere I'd visit as a kid. Kind of cool and shitty.

3. #63 Bob Newbie, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    I don't know...when are people gonna shut up about 9/11? Call me a heartless bastard if you want - I know people lost their lives, but when it doesn't effect me, or anyone I know directly I get annoyed about people constantly moaning about it (one reason why I don't watch the news...then I tell people I don't watch the news and they have a go at me for it) It's like Amy Winehouse's death - shame...but fucking let it go people! UNLESS its the 10th anniversary coming up or something I'm sorry yeah...

I dunno - I just get wound up with hearing about it as it doesn't actually affect my life other than just give me ANOTHER thing I wish people would shut up about coz I KNOW all about it already when it happened!

4. i was in the 6th grade and we were at morning mass and the preacher said that there have been an attack on our country and we should pray for the victims and they wouldn't tell us anything more than that and i had to find out from my dad at the end of the day. all they said was there was a plane crash, and i went to a catholic school

5. My school had a bomb threat, so we all went home early..it was because i was so close to DC...when i went home the news was on. Between that and the DC Sniper, I had alot to worry about as a kid lol

6. im pretty sure the plane crashes werent two hours apart.

7. They weren't. :D

8. i was sitting in class (second or 3rd grade) and a whole bunch of parents came picking their kids up, then my mom came and picked me up and when we got home she turned the tv on and i saw the tower that got hit last falling down!!

9. #69 bestofbuddha, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    he's just asking where you were during the events! i don't see a problem here:confused::rolleyes:!

edit: i get you tho! just like you said, the amy thing was tragic (not really we all knew it was gonna happen sooner than later), but goddamn let it go!

10. I mean our country is at war (and spending astronomical amounts of money to be in said war) that was provoked, and a lot of your civil liberties have been limited by post attack security legislation I.E. The Patriot Act.

Meh, no biggy.