9/11

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bluntman209, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I was in the 3rd grade, sitting in class when I was called down to the office. I got there and my dad picked me up. On the way home he explained to me what happened. Once I was home, I remember turning on the TV and seeing the footage of the second plane hitting.

My dad explained he had picked me up because he didn't want the school to lie, or misinform me on what had happened; so he picked me up immidiately after he heard.

Also, seeing Loose Change: The Final Cut really helped put things into perspective.

2. I was getting ready for school, sophomore year of community college. My bum roommate who always slept on the coach with CNN on was watching it brought it to my attention. I was getting ready for Government class and when I got there all we did was watch the news for the 1.5 hrs of class.

3. Makes you think.....

4. i was in like 8th grade. i decided to skip school and was hitting a bong in my friends garage when that shit came on tv. we were all like the fuck? and then my mom flipped shit because she went to pick me up and i wasnt there lol

5. i was in 6th grade in science class with a substitute teacher....we were kept in the dark for a while, but with so kids parents working in or around the pentagon, there were just loads of kids getting picked up by their parents.... unfortunately i had to stay til they let us leave early. my dad actually heard the plane hit the pentagon....crazy day, i was only 11 but i remember it well, and i still cant believe its been 10 years

6. Damn, dude. To see the towers go down, that's one thing. To have pieces of paper from the actual building, that were probably once sitting on some dead guy's desk, against your window screens.... damn emotional.

7. im 18 and i was in 3rd grade well im 19 on sept 10 (1992) so i believe you =)

8. underage huh? Tisk tisk.

9. buuusted!!!!

10. It's obvious math isnt a strong suit of internet using stoners. :smoke:

11. #51 SplitGenetics, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yeah clearly. most adults don't argue to prove a point.. if they do they're extremely immature. So either he's underage (OBVS) or he's an extremely immature person. Either way... LAME

12. Was in assembly at school when they announced that the towers had fallen. I remember feeling very strange since those towers are things that I'd known existed all my life (through the countless NYC set films I'd watched) and had wanted to see for myself, now I'll never get the chance.

13. eryone shut the fuck up about being underage... ur all a bunch of faggots and no better than a fuckin pig. does it really affect you. its funny how you acctually take it seriously

14. Christ you kids are young.

I was 21 when that shit happened. I was working for a garbage company at the time (my best friend's parent's company). When it happened, me and my friend were loading trash (not trash, but pieces of wood and metal to be exact) into the bin. It was at a McDonald's (they've just renovated - took about an hour).

When we got back to the company, I didn't know what was going on, but I could tell by the way people were talking that something happened. I thought it was something the magnitude of a mild earthquake somewhere.

Then my boy runs up to me and says, "DUDE! THE TWIN TOWERS WERE JUST LEVELED!!!!!!"

Mind you, we were in central Jersey. Relatively close.

I was like :eek::eek::eek:.

I still did not comprehend the magnitude of it all until I went home (about 4pm). I walked in and my mom was watching the TV. The first thing I saw was video (recorded) of like 10 people holding hands and jumping off the roof. I did like a triple take and almost shit myself. This was on the news. You don't see shit like that on the news. Then I saw the buildings collapse...

Yeah...

It's been a trip.

I ended up going to NYC a lot after that - starting the 12th of September 2001, and about 3x a week after that.

I remember on the 12th, it was about 8pm and we were going over the GWB going into the city. I looked towards lower Manhattan and I see the bright glow of lights where the towers were, and this smoke. The smoke formed a cloud about the city and I shit you not, people - that cloud was bigger than Manhattan island itself - no exaggeration.

But it wasn't the cloud that got me. It was this smell - which creeps me out to this day. It smelled like burning tires/rubber (?), metal, and something else. I can only imagine what that something else was. :mad:

The closest we could get to ground zero for the first few weeks was within about 15-20 city blocks - which is pretty far.

After about 2 months, you could get closer, and at one point I got within 3 blocks. I saw 7-World Trade Center, and man - that shit was fucked. The building had to have been (uneducated guess) about 60-70 stories tall, and there was a gash in the front of the building. This gash was about 2/3 the size of the building itself, and there was a fucking I-beam lodged in it. The I-beam was HUGE. The gash was HUGE. The scale of the damage and disaster was UNPRECEDENTED and I envy my fellow blades who were only in 2nd or 3rd grade and didn't have to experience a little bit of it, let alone a lot of it - like some of the people who were directly involved.

Wow... Haven't been down that memory lane in a while. :(

15. And motherfucker - why don't we all get back on topic???

Let the mods deal with this one! Let your stories out! Share!

16. #56 SplitGenetics, Aug 12, 2011
    lmfao take it easy dude.

17. Question to the blades who live in New York. How many of u are going to go visit the site this year....if you do go u should take pics and post them here

18. Was in fourth grade music class when i first heard it, we watched it on tv. I couldn't understand the magnitude of the event.

Found out later that day that my neighbor was meeting in the pentagon in the wing that got hit, but he had gone out to lunch... the luck he had.

19. Another young blade here. Fourth grade when it happened. Really didn't think twice about it.

20. #60 P07h34D, Aug 12, 2011
    Calm down man. It's not like he was personally attacking you. I understand that your mad but u don't have to call him a pos and to go die. Obviously uve experienced someone close to you dyeing so you shouldn't wish death upon any one dude. And he didn't say anything about the country