9/11, the next Christmas

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by nug thug, Sep 12, 2011.

1. saying it is the next Christmas might be an overstatement
    but with the way things go, I could see it becoming more than what it currently is.

the way I see it, it could be like Armistice Day. Starts as a National Holiday, gets bastardized as other people want in on the memory of it, became Veterans Day, and now you see "Veterans Day sales" and such. I have seen 9/11 included on some advertisement. Not like, "drop by for our 9/11 sale" but more along the lines of remembering it and trying to sell something.

to an extreme, you'd be buying your kids miniature American Airlines models for Airplane Day on 9/11.

in all seriousness, give it 25 years and you'll probably have another holiday.

2. Nothing like this has happened for any other major disaster like this in the past that I'm aware of... so I don't see it happening.

We'll keep up the "we'll never forget" think for so many more years and then we'll sorta let it go. It will be similar to the Pearl Harbor attacks I think

3. we sorta let it go because we killed a few hundred thousand japanese citizens.

we've got a few more hundred thousand to go before we let go those damn a-rabs :devious:

4. I wouldn't put it past them.

5. State Farm is already ready to make bank off this. Ironically insurance companies probably got fucked hard by 9/11. They call it a tribute, isn't that cute?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlPX2_b4GA]Empire State of Mind (Part II) 9/11 Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

6. Maybe there will be a video game, with Navy SEALS hunting down bin laden.

7. never forgive, never forget

hold them resents

8. Yea fuck the government and those behind the attacks. Also fuck the CIA (Cocaine In America)

9. You ever see those "9/11 commemorative coins", or something like that?

Straight up selling little coins with the WTC on it for profit, nothing but pure exploitation of a tragedy.

I don't know, I don't think 9/11 will ever be a national holiday.