8'x6'x8' space 2 600hps how to maximize space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PNWGrower, Jan 17, 2009.

1. I got a 8'x6'x8' room to flower some dank ass chron, I have 2 600watt hps lights to cover 48sqft. I have an enclosed room with co2, ac, great intake and out take exhaust growing DWC. If this was your room how would you maximize this 8ftx6ftx8ft flowering space? I have about $600 to spend on new equipment. I would like to crop a strain every month.
    ANY ADVICE???:smoking:

2. half it up, one veg room and one flowering room. i know a friend with a size about likke yours, 8x6x9. what he's gona do is instead of cloning, he'll just have a bunch of seeds, do SOG, let veg til like 12"in, sexem, get rid of males(I know might be tediuos to get way into the SOG growm but i figured i'll have some long pruners and snip em, cain't be that hard, I trimmed trees up to 20 feet), once 1st batch is in flower, then get 2nd batch goin in germinate and veg, and so on and so on,

Tryin to figure out in transplanting them without emptying out resovoir. It usually just drinks up the water and it gets low and i just refill with new nutes and account for approxmate nutes already in the res. Like for instance it might need 35ml of the grow mix in the flowering stage but since it already has some in the res. from the veg stage, I don't add.

anywayz laterz!

3. Sounds like you to use that whole space for flowering. In that case, 2x600w is about half of what you need to cover that entire room. I would either get more lights or else build one or more partitions, cover them in white poly or mylar, and corral that room down to a smaller size.

4. I already got a cloning/veg room that is 3'x5'x6' seperate from the flowering room. I really want to use all of my 8x6x8 flowering space with just two 600hps. I am figuring a light mover will be about to effeciently cover this space, and am also considering buying two adjust-a-wing with the super spreader. So if I have say three strains shiskaberry, sour diesel, and cinderella 99 and want to crop one strain a month. 18 c99 starts in the clone/veg room, 3 weeks to clone 1 week veg. 18 sour diesel plants will be in the first month of flowering. 18 shiskaberry plants in the final month of flowering. I take my clones dip them in root tech, place in 2" rock wool cubes, then place cubes in 1 1/2 inches deep in water with an airstone and a humidity dome. When they take root, i place them into 6" rock wool cubes, veg for about a week. Next I place my plants into 6 12gallon rubbermaid containers, 3 plants per lid, DWC, this takes up just under half my flowering room. which leaves the other half to 6 more 12gal containers with 3 plants per lid, for a total of 36 plants constantly flowering. with 18 constantly clone/veg and 3-5 mother plants under two 4ft T5 floro lights. I hope that I didnt lose everyone on this explaination. Should I stick with 3 plants per container or should i do 4 plants per container with one week of veg?

5. dude check out my journal and u'll see a great way to set up 2 600 watt hps bulbs in almost the same area u have. it's under grow journals title is "goal 2 pounds per 600w hps"