8x4 qb ideas

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GottaCoughToGetOff, May 4, 2020.

1. oh yeah, will I be cool to stick 7 boards on 600w meanwell driver or should I try something else?

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have no problems using the drivers I got from China although I purchase most of the from Arrow Electronics and get good service and discounts from them. You can probably get a first time order discount; I did, but needed to chat with an operator. Fast free delivery ftw.
    I'd also consider 1000w Inventronics drivers as you can probably get those cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you wire in parallel then yep a 600W meanwell will work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #104 ChiefRunningPhist, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Drivers from China are about the same cost for me once you include the shipping. I like Arrow too, and have lately been using Mouser quite a bit.

Its easy to skimp out on the internal parts, and having good capacitors (electrolytic) is important and seems to be where many of SMPS failures come from. I think Meanwell uses Rubycon caps which is a well-made high-quality capacitor and will last a long time (10yrs?). Japanese made capacitors are kinda the best when it comes to capacitors.

EDIT:
    MW HBG 160p 60B...
    0713201707b.jpg

0713201707c.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I should also add that Meanwell drivers offer a 5-7 year warranty and that purchasing from Arrow assures me that I will get a return if required.
    you know what? Arrow rocks, hands down I endorse them 101%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. So apparently you can’t order from mouser unless your a registered company and can provide a vat number..
    they cost 50% more on unled.
    So if I’m a company I can order from mouser for £50 of if not I have to pay £75 from Uk led. Really!!?

The price quoted from Meiju for a 480w hlg was the same price as listed on mouser, £100..

• Like Like x 2
  7. jeez just get it from China lol. Did you look into inventronics?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haha I just like to explore all options honestly. I’m not pro China I’m not pro anyone lol. My reference to the driver was simply to show that Meanwell hlg drivers was no cheaper, and in fact I would have paid more with delivery and import

inventronocs no I’ll have a look. I tried arrow but see that was in American lol. I asked a friend who said he should be able to sort it for me as he has his own company.
    I just don’t get it, they sent me an email saying there are ce restrictions on this part and without a valid vat number they can’t send it. They said can’t sell to personal customers :/. Mouser is cheaper than anywhere I've looked normally by about 50%...

• Like Like x 2
  9. @

like weedhead im in the uk so idk about arrow. I looked in to the inventronics drivers a while ago when you suggested them, I still cant find them in the uk but ill look again.

I think I might be looking in the wrong places?? but china defo seems cheaper with the prices ive seen...the 600 from kingbrite is £116, =the drivers on uk led for example are £215.
    shipping from kingbrite+customs(which I don't pay lol) will maybe be £100/£120 based on my previous order.
    so like 330-350 or 430
    if the Chinese drivers are legit then there is money to be saved...not much but still a saving...……this is just another big purchase Ill have to try and pull off without catching heat from my P.I.C for spending too much lol

I want to buy my drivers and supplies this Friday cos the boards came today !!!!! waaaaayyyy faster than china!
    the build quality seems a lot better than the kingbrite boards but there isn't a huge visual difference. few marks on them but everything looks spot on.
    I really like the size of the pcb, for some reason I pictured them being smaller, like a lot smaller...makes me feel less shit for only getting 14.

I spoke to Invisible Sun and they told me that just after I ordered 14, the last 10 sold, they say they have more in manufacture and will have them in stock soon, says the whole process takes 20 days and theyre just waiting on aluminium to make up the circuit boards.

cant wait to get this rolling, got 10g of wax from my qwiso run, 6l of iso to make more and ill have a tasty RSO/QWISO2nd wash for edibles n stuff as well, if jack can get a good price for the cow ill hopefully buy some crazy extras with my magic beans

• Like Like x 2
  10. 5CB90315-6AFF-44D1-9556-C45F28DFFDCC.jpeg

This was my quote from the Meiju rep. 480 Driver was actually more that mouser lists.
    Shit writing this now I’ve just realised the price is in $$$$. Still google tells me 109$ = £86. So most likely still not much in it.

but mouser list the 240 for £50. Ukled for £75. And I think £60 on power supplies online. It seems to me we don’t wanna order from anywhere else in Uk other than mouser. But then you need help to do so..

you don’t pay because fuck it let them come and find ya. Or you know a way around? Lols

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hmmm I never registered a business or anything. I only made a personal account, and after that I was good to order whatever. Its been awhile since I opened an account, but I didn't think I needed to add bank info (I think I've a CC on file though) or tax info or anything, as far as I can remember its just like signing up for an Amazon or Netflix account ect, or anything else like that. I live in the states though so perhaps that makes a difference (ie idk what a vat number is)?
    I like Arrow and they were my first choice, seemed to have the best or at least good prices, they were out of some stuff though that I needed so I tried others when necessary. Mouser just seemed to always be stocked up and I liked their interface, searches ect seemed to load faster, decently priced, about like arrow imo. Digikey... I just don't like their interface. To each his own, but I figured I better say something in case you accidentally clicked on the "register business" link (idk?) or something haha good luck!
    :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lmfao, my face was serious reading everything then I came across this and literally burst out laughing.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DA18A612-1832-4BB4-97A2-EDA584AFFC94.jpeg

“Your region”
    :hookah:

cough maybe you’ll be ok in your region...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. lol honestly if they send me a letter asking for it ill pay but so far they haven't
    will they hunt me for not paying? I haven't heard anything since I didn't pay lol

im going to check out mouser, can I use someone with a business of any sort to buy from them as long as theyre vat registered? my local growstore dude will hopefully help me out...

• Like Like x 1
  15. haha I don’t know. First I got a text that went ignored. Then I got a letter so I just paid what it said. Was like £80.

and I haven’t done it yet. But they just ask for Me to supply a name and vat number so I’m hoping so. I got a buddy with his own kinda like yours who said I can try with his so fingers cross that’s enough keep them happy!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Inventronics doesn't have any small time retail distributors in the states. Ive looked into FSP Powerland as well as Inventronics, but you have to order them in bulk, at least that's what I've found. They're supposed to be decent drivers, but in reality they are less efficient than MW if I remember correctly (though still very efficient). Imo their niche is in the different sizes of powering solutions they provide. They make drivers greater than 600W and have implemented programmable features which increases their versatility.

MW 600W 48V..
    Screenshot_2020-07-14-14-05-15-1.png

Inventronics 600W 48V...
    Screenshot_2020-07-14-14-04-39-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lol welp not sure it can be any clearer than that! Sorry man.

18. Try typing in the model numbers in both FindChips and Octopart (both linked). Should give you the locations too (Asia, America, Europe, etc)
    Take note members ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. oh damn, just noticed that HLG does use Inventronics
    upload_2020-7-14_15-53-20.png

@ChiefRunningPhist bro?
    upload_2020-7-14_15-57-52.png
    is that the right driver? I noticed a different kind (560 not 280?)
    upload_2020-7-14_15-59-31.png
    that one in the states looks like its part of Arrow

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Nice, I use Future too. They used to be more commercial (that's what I thought at least), buy by the reel, but looks like they're running solo stuff now too? Ill have to check em out, I use them for my LEDs (place orders through a "sales engineer," never used their site), but didn't know they were doing the single qty stuff. When I type in "Inventronics" I get 834 results, so I'm guessing they'll have the driver that's desired. And nice find on "Verical," I've not heard of them before either. Its been a year or so since I went on the driver hunt (what spurred me to make my own) but looks like now there actually are some places to order single Inventronics PS's. I stand corrected, good work gumshoe lol
    544a29046ed5020d24d364859c6d0075.jpg
    :love-m3j:
    Now there's a blast from the past lol

• Like Like x 1