8x16x8flwr, 14x5x8veg, 3m90ed Orcafilm/Orcatape, BlackDog PHYTOMAX2, lightrail 5, no heat signature

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigdaddy76, Apr 11, 2020.

1. I’m
    So the Phytomax 2’s aren’t good for veg or were you thinking about the old Black Dogs?

2. No, lose any assumptions I’m referring to the P1’s... smh I knew you’d get hung up on that. Numbers are the same though. Not surprisingly and just as I’d predicted. But absolutely, they would be some kick ass veg lights. Just wasteful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’ve tried to find Black Dog provided footprint map for your lights, they don’t have one but the do for the 600 and a competitor (Kind...). But the proof you need would be in that pudding. You need to see how that light is distributed among the area to understand the benefit of having 2000w split between more sources. 8 lights using 2000w vs. 2 lights using 2000w.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Here’s footprint. LED Grow Lights | Growing Kits & Indoor Commercial Grow Lights

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, that’s one way to do it. I’m looking for something more detailed, specifically them sharing the reading taken over the areas indicated. Illustrating the drastic drop off that virtually all lights have when the measurements are taken and are not directly under the light. Something like this that’s from an “independent” tester: 5E1D05E5-1AD9-4559-907B-37C79B3C55E7.png This is detailed. To provide even as vague a map as you showed me, they had to take these measurements, yet they don’t share them. They show others’ maps, not theirs, not in this detail. But sure bud, I’m sure you’ll rock your grow. You don’t need help ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. #46 Bigdaddy76, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Isn’t it bad to change spectrums from veg to flower, stalling growth a week or so? I’ll find the you tube video of a grow off between Black Dog and BML spider led and do light tests over the canopy!

7. #47 Bigdaddy76, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Well, I just bought a Black Dog Phytomax 2 800 and a light mover, for veg room! Had to buy it today cause they had a 2 day 420 sale, giving 20% off. I’m pretty happy with what I paid for my lights! Basically got one for free! So now, veg room will have a Phytomax 2 800 on a light mover and my Sun Blaze 48, for the babies! Then going with 3, 5x5 gardens, with a Phytomax 2 1000, lighting up each 5x5 garden! Should be a yielding machine if I don’t fuck it up! Lol Going out now to start framing my rooms.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nice. You have a solid plan now. Can’t wait to see it come together

9. I’ll buy a PAR meter and test once I’m in that far along.

10. Good luck making it that far Captain!

11. You don’t think they’ll live that long?

12. Flower room will be 100% before I worry about veg, seeing as I can veg in the flower room on my first run.

13. Do you think that’s what I think? Noooo. No. I do not think you’re going to kill your plants. Dude, I am not an enemy, nemesis, soothsayer, nor am I out waiting and watching on anyone’s downfall. I mean sometimes the topic or question is soooo out of reach I just keep strolling, but if I stop, type, send, it’s just because I owe this place. And I see someone that might be serious. Like I said, I like seeing grows that eclipse my own. Call it motivation. This forum got me from having an idea to grow, to sit here from time to time, sharing the wee bit of knowledge I’ve gained. Do I think you’re going to kill your plants. I’ve only seen one person kill plants. Not easy to do IMO. But what I do think, is that after your first successful flowering run you’ll look at your buds, none of them will disappoint you. But you’ll look at some of it, the way it’s just not as dense as what was directly under the light, and you might wonder why or how you can fix it, and you might find the reasons why, how to fix it, all on your own. But around here, we bounce ideas off of each other, and take advantage of others mishaps. A few, stick around typing up random jargon and info that seems to make no damned sense. But them be gems Captain. Forums suck in the way you have to go digging through conversations, clothed boob pics, a million “what’s wrong with my plant” posts, about 50 from yours truly.. it just sucks navigating. But you’ve got some folks around here that answer questions that get asked and others that don’t get asked. Some are overly nice about, while others aren’t. Some just have time to share what they know. I’m none of them, but I’m practicing. I haven’t had to ask what’s wrong with my plant for quite some time tho, that’s an achievement!

14. Sorry I read it as being rude thinking you were saying I won’t make it that far cause I’m all talk. My bad and am thankful for all your commitments and suggestions! I’m a smart ass too and can take it as well as give it! They need a special text for joking around!

15. I got my first big order of seeds today, from Greybeard. Everything is in breeder packs and looks good. Just waiting on another large order from Seeds Here Now and a one strain order from Great Lakes Genetics.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just ordered Orca for my rooms reflection.

17. Well my flower room is framed and turned out being 8’2”W x 16’4”L x 8’2” H. The reason for the odd ball numbers is because I’m taking every inch I can get. My veg room is 4’10”W x 9’10”L x 8’2”H. Plenty big enough to build a table at the far end of the room for my 48”T5. I’ll post pictures in the next few days. My electric will be getting installed this next weekend so I have to dig a 20’ ditch this week. FUN!

18. 9DED0526-F82B-4320-9847-657856649F7F.jpeg 06A49094-5B25-4E92-86DB-54CBFA2D00A1.jpeg CCF83E80-7B59-4F5B-BA55-37837C97AEA0.jpeg Here is my progress so far. The room with all the insulation is my flower room and room with chopsaw is my veg room. Will be getting wired Friday and Saturday. Then I’ll insulate everything and sheeted. That shouldn’t take so long. Just need my damn 2 rolls Orca film shows up somewhat soon. That’s all for now.

19. #60 Bigdaddy76, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    My rooms got wired today. Ended up have WAY more power available then I originally thought. It’s nice I can add extra outlets that’ll handle more lights, if u decide to go that direction. Now that there’s power available, I can finish insulation and sheet walls. My Orca film won’t be in until next week, to put the final finishing touches. Now that I know I have power, I can start germinating on Sunday and get my veg room wrapped up, Then I’ll focus on flower room since I have plenty of time before that’s needed! I’m SO HAPPY it’s finally coming together. I’ll post more pictures once some more walls are sheeted.