84w-6 plant SoG

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LilDize, Jan 20, 2011.

1. could it work?

2. Yes, it would work, how well is another question... You would probably get a lot of small popcorn buds.

3. Can I just ask why?

84w is a little under the recommended minimum of 100w per plant...whats going through ya mind dude?

4. A 6 plant SOG, why, you would be better off growing 1 plant.

5. See the quote above.

jcj77d spent quite a bit of time writing "Beginners Guide To Get You Started in Growing Cannabis," and it includes the basic recontamination for bringing life to a cannabis seed. I would check it out. It is a sticky on this forum.

6. SoG is great for low wattage grows, but you need clones to SoG. You can't do it from seed. Personally if I were doing a low wattage fluoro grow I would just do a little mini SCRoG. With such low lumens you need to have every possible bud site as close as possible to those lights, and SCRoG is a great way to achieve that.

Good luck, and get more/better lighting if you can.

7. Can't SCROG from seed ? 84w is enough for 6 plants ?This thread is full of wrong info ....WTF?

8. Wow fail more dude. I said you can't SOG from seed. Do you not notice the lack of a C and an R in that? SOG.. not SCROG.. you see the difference? I specifically advised that he SHOULD do a scrog from a seed. That is what I would do.

Also every person in here told him he should get more/better lighting. .... WTF!?!?!?

9. Yes you can SOG from seed. The canopy will be uneven, but you can do it.

Yes, he does need more lighting. Assuming that 84 watts would be enough for a room full of plants (it's not), CFL success depends on placement. You need your lights as close to the plant as you can, and each light will only affect as many budsites as it can illuminate.

To answer the OP's question: No.

10. Actually I forgot about those auto flowering strains. I suppose you could sog with those, but I can't see why anyone really would want to.

If you mean normal non auto flower. I disagree. Only clones can be flowered early enough/stay small enough to be used in a real sog. Try growing from seed in SoG densities of 2-4 plants psf and see how that works out. Won't be pretty.

11. thx for all the replies! yea im keeping a micro grow and im tryn to harvest quickly. not in much of a position to grow em out full so sog or scrog sounded great to me. i think im going to check out some threads on scrog. im wanting 6 plantz grown similar to jaybaby's micro grow if anyone follows me. he did a great job and im looking forward to anymore help!:D

thx all!

12. so youre sayin that if i start with 4 plants i could do it just maybe with a couple more cfls? i have more i could use but it gets reall hot in the cab im growin in. right now lights on its about 85F im working on exhaust on intake right now but ive found its been the hardest part to figure out tryin a micro STEALTH grow.

13. I've never grown with LED's, but rumple did a test and his results, while pretty good by my standards, weren't as good as his usual 400 watt HPS grows.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/485301-rumples-led-challenge.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/541285-rumples-2nd-led-challenge.html

That's 2 plants in a 4x2 room. I'm not sure it would be good enough for 6, but I haven't tried it myself.

14. yes! ive seen this on other threads and would love to try it one day. the UFO that is. i think thats what loki used in his micro. looks killa! btw when it comes to LED can i use any LED bulb. i went to menards the other day and saw they sell sylvania LED bulbs llike 1 and 2watters though... if i get a couple of these bulbs could i use em? they just dont look like the typical LED setups ive seen here on GC

15. You definitely can SOG from seed. It isn't the most practical or economical approach but it certainly would work.

@OP, 14 watts per plant ain't near enough. And what kind of lights are those? Remember that with CFLs you need a minimum of 100 actual watts per plant -- the old rule of thumb of 50-100 watts came about when there were no CFLs, that rule was made for HIDs which deliver about twice the lumens per watt as CFLs.

16. I would just use 1 plant for scrog. It's a really small space right? 1 plant could fill a small screen quickly. What exactly are the dimensions of your grow area and what exact lights do you have? How many, what type, what wattage each, etc.

17. #18 GrowMoe, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
    And for ventilation in a micro grow, whay not hook up a couple of powerful PC-fans?

ANd, no, I don't think you can use just any LED light/bulb. As far as I know, they are still testing to fing the best ones, and people who what put these thogether themselves are reporting major differences between different LED diodes/bubls.

18. Cab Dimensions: 18x14x24
    Lights: Currently in use-2x42w mixed spec of 2700k(1) and 6500k(1) Backup CFL Lamps:2x26w 2700k cfl, 2x13w 2700k cfl.

these "backup" lamps are being held off till seeds sprout. i planted em pretty deep, about 2" below soil. hopefully i should see them sprout VERY soon. its been about 4 days now...

im attempting to do a "zero" veg grow starting right from 12/12. (if anyone has attempted a "zero" veg grow plz post comments on "how quickly did your plantz sex and about how big were they when harvested?").

im using FFOF and have Tiger Bloom if needed (jaybaby's grow went supreme even without ANY nutes veg or flwr).

im using bottled water with a pH of about 6.5, maybe 7ish (im using test strips).

temps are averaging about 80F lights on w/ humidity average about 30%

hope this info helps everyone help me!:smoke:

19. the pics show my grow cab and the plantz inside. (if you count 9 thatz cuz 2 are for a friend, a very trusted friend) That dark blue you see is a towel i use for light proofing and a laptop im using now goes on top of the cab so everything looks real stealthy!

like above:
    temps are average 80F, humidity average 30%

now the fan im using says on the label: Brushless DC Fan, 12V 2.0w-any ideas for CFM?

also, by looking at the pics, can anyone help out with a good idea for ventilation? ive seen people use PVC elbows and such but i just cant figure out how to mod this cab as its made out of metal (weak metal). it is a small file cab.

any help would be much appreciated:D

Attached Files: