?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sumo1981, May 7, 2011.

1. Lookin pretty damn dank can't wait to see what they look like in the end, are u gonna do the harvest by looking at the pistils or are u gonna let them retract into the calyx and swell up more

2. Got a scope at radio shack a few days ago, finally! It was like 12 bucks and works great only a couple of the trichomes are cloudy so still........ Waiting :(

3. #83 Ccoastal, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ya I'd wait till they don't just start turning but start to retract and the calyx swell up with resin u get more flavor too

4. i hate the wait too! it drives me crazy when you are so close to the end and the plant doesn't seem to progress at all then boom!!!! Harvest time!!! the last few weeks are grueling. keep up the good work man the plants look beautiful and tasty.

this is when i wished they made smellavision.

5. Any thoughts on how much longer I got left?

6. Any thoughts on time left?

7. At least 2 weeks Mayb 3 or 4 honestly. I would wait till the trichs retract into the calyx and swell with resin as opposed to just when they change color ur buds will swell up bombly

8. Already in week 7, really 3-4 more weeks left :(

9. Ya some strains can take up to 70 days cfl makes em take a little longer, u will know its gettin close when the hairs barely stick out from the buds the last cpl weeks are crucial, they will look like they aren't progressing much... But they just Savin up strength for another final spurt

10. #90 Picks, Jun 7, 2011
    Couldn't agree more with this post

11. with the scope you should be able to tell. when 30% of the trichs are amber chop her down. It's better to wait man. Wait until that bitch starts changing colors: leaves and buds. Noobs alway make the mistake of giving into their inpatience and chopping them down early. I'vebeen there man just wait your plant will thank you for it with fatter more potent buds.:smoke:

12. [quote name='"Nino Verde"']with the scope you should be able to tell. when 30% of the trichs are amber chop her down. It's better to wait man. Wait until that bitch starts changing colors: leaves and buds. Noobs alway make the mistake of giving into their inpatience and chopping them down early. I'vebeen there man just wait your plant will thank you for it with fatter more potent buds.:smoke:[/QUOTE

.... I believe u mean pistils changing color...trichs are the resin glands on the leaves and buds u see that are clear with the bubble of resin at the tip, many ppl make that mistake, also the rule of thumb is not 30% amber that's just silly and really premature.. There are many times throughout the cycle where 30-40% turn amber but they still have lots of growing to do, noobs make the pistil mistake all too often IMHO I'd wait for the pistils to retract and swell the calyx, it will make a mug weighing 3.5 grams weigh 5-6 easily

13. All the best growers wait on the trichs to swell and turn amber and 1/3 should be amber with the rest cloudy. I mean the only reason I would wait longer is for weight but I always look for quality. I take my tips from rosenthal and cervantes. The right type of head and body high I wait for 1/3 opf thigh I look at the trichs not the pistols or the calyxs. Plus every strain develops differently and the crystals are the only way to get consistency.

14. Thanks for all the info guys here are some new pics flowering 50 days

Attached Files:

15. #95 Ccoastal, Jun 8, 2011
    It's a matter of opinion lol but I wouldn't say all the best growers harvest early that's just naive how many growers do u personally know that compete in cups? The facts are tho that when the pistil retracts it turns thc to cannabanoids and it's the cannabanoids that are responsible for gigglyness couch lock the dumbing down effect, when u harvest early the thc level is higher in comparison to the cbn and cbd levels which is what leads to the head high, because the ratio of cannabanoids is not high enough for u to feel them over the thc. But when u wait ur thc level only drops by 1-2% because so much is produced, yet ur cbn cbd levels rise much more. If u watch studies at all u will notice that ppl injected with thc and cannabanoid get a very light hearted high full of laughs and euphoria, yet the same ppl injected with just thc get extremely paranoid and anxious and feel overwhelmed. There is a lot more to timing harvest than just 'purely for weight' and there's a lot more to weed than thc, if ur gonna smoke it know it. If ur gonna grow it know it's entire life cycle to the T, exactly how it works and what the complex processes are, after that I guarantee that not only will u never have a problem u can't control in a heartbeat, but u will have extraordinary harvests tailored to the strains perfectly.

Plants look awesome mane

16. pollinate her and get some seeds and name the strain and keep pollinating them until you have loads

17. well the way i grow and harvest works for me. I know I have premium buds and i hope yours are the same.

18. #98 Ccoastal, Jun 9, 2011
    Oh they are lol like I said it's just a matter of opinion, what kinda high u want

19. Tragic news went to flip lights and found that fell over and snapped at bottom of stem :( only good news is top was 21 grams gonna dry and cure that got smaller buds in food dehydrator will report back soon

Attached Files:

20. that truly is a tragedy. that khola looks tasty, i wish i could be the one to smoke it :bongin: have fun!