8 year old charged with double premeditated homicide

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyizzle, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Wow.. I cant even imagine an 8 year old knowing how to work a real fun much yet killing his dad and his dads friend with it.. :eek:

2. Doesnt say WHY though.

3. My opinion??? Well youre gonna get it. If they were abusing him, good for the kid for shooting them. I use to work with abused children and let me tell you, parents can fuck their kids up for life so good for him.

4. The boy, who faces two counts of premeditated murder, did not act on the spur of the moment, Police Chief Roy Melnick said.
    "I'm not accusing anybody of anything at this point," he said Saturday. "But we're certainly going to look at the abuse part of this. He's 8 years old. He just doesn't decide one day that he's going to shoot his father and shoot his father's friend for no reason. Something led up to this."

5. Its because they touched him at night

6. you cant see the kid knowing how to use a gun? i was taught gun safety at 2..shot my first gun at 5....

7. I like how he managed to slay 2 adult men with a .22. Personally I think all murderes and bad crimes like that should be charged as an adult regardless of mental retardation, psychological issues, or age.

8. skittlette .. are you serious? o_O

OP.. this shit is fucked up. But my Human side wants to refuse to believe that an 8year old boy is capable of just killing his Father like that. There _has_ to be a reason! I hope ..

And if it is proven that this boy was being sexually abused by these 2 men.. well I hope all charges are dropped. At the very least.

9. I was 5 and 6 so I don't understand that either, when theres guns in the house, the kids show know how to use them.

10. At 8 you don't even understand the concept of murder.. or death.

11. Sorry man but I disagree. When children are abused, espcially sexually, it changes their lives forever. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a child that was sexually abused? It is something you will never forget.

12. I heard about this on the news earlier today.

It's pretty unfortunate.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be put in a position where one feels they need do that.

13. I'm with you Star. I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would be like.

14. If you're a hardcore determinist, he's got a point.

15. Abusing a child is the worst, right next to rape.

We shouldn't be executing judgment on our own like that boy has done (or we're not any better than some of the countries we are currently in war with) but since it already happened in that boys case I personally very much respect his action (if he did it based on being abused before).

16. I would definitely look into the possibility of abuse.

But the problem with including it in the news publication is, the second you mention it, everybody assumes it, because its sensational.

Theres always the possibility that he was just mentally ill.

But now in the publics eyes, these guys are automatically a couple of child molesters.

Ah well, just a pet peeve of mine about publicizing crimes.

Same thing with accused rapists, their face is plastered all over the news, and everyone will permanently associate you as a rapist.

17. Nothing pisses me off more than when they postpone a murder trial due to "mental evaluation"....BITCH, YOU ALREADY KNOW HE AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD IF HE BE KILLIN PEOPLE!!!!!!! So that means he shouldn't be held accountable for said actions because "he doesnt know any better/doesnt have the mental capacity"....well neither does a child but this doesnt makes the crime any less heinous. please. :rolleyes: eye for an eye bitches.

18. ^ hammurabi's code :D

where did you hear he was sexually abused or abused in anyway?

19. That might be true for a lot of kids, but not every 8 year old is that naive.

This is a tough situation... if he was abused in any way (especially sexually) I understand why he did what he did.

If he was just pissed because they made him do homework, not eat candy for dinner, or something trivial like that, then yeah he should be charged. I don't know about as an adult though.