8 weeks vegging, can I still top them? Should i? (First grow)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jmallen2525, Jan 19, 2016.

1. I didn't time my first grow properly and now my veg room plants are a little overgrown and my flower room still has another week or two to go. I'll submit a pic of my veg plants. I don't have a ton of space to deal with and I'm worried that once I can flower these plants they will be way too big! [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. #2 Plunderfull, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    At this point, it depends on how much room you have in your tent.

Your plants look healthy but it looks like you need to transplant into bigger pots, at least thats what I would do.

3. They are already in bigger pots, I transplanted to 3 gallons. My concern is they are too tall for my space. Would topping them now be beneficial or would I just be losing my biggest cola?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. Topping would be better than having your main colas fry. So, in this case, I would say, yes it would be beneficial to top your plants.

Out of curiosity, how much room do you have?

5. Depending on your height restrictions i would trim and repot veg for 2 wks and flip. Even if you have enough vertical space i would still repot or you can have issues during flower.

6. Ya top em pretty far down. Or you could try LST. And then wait another two-three wks before flipping to 12/12