'8 out of 10 mentally ill patients are heavy cannabis users'

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty1234, Oct 17, 2006.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=410765&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

A load of bollocks? seems that way to me, 'The Daily Mail' isn't really the most reliable newspaper.

Also if you scroll down, read some of the user posted comments...pure ignorance.

2. Haha i dont even see the value of this supposed study.

All it does is say that the mentally ill like drugs... not that drugs lead to mental illness.

3. I just tryed to post a comment, half of which was'nt true but I was defending pot. That article is ridiculous. They have many more problems then to be worrying about pot-smokers 20 years later after they started smoking. I personally have never met someone who has gone skizto after smoking for a long time.

4. 5 years now, im crazy!:rolleyes:

5. Good luck with that, they decide which comments get posted, and despite numerous anti pot propoganda comments siubmited by myself, I've yet to have one posted.

6. I know right.

If you develop mental illnesses in life chances are you were gonna develop them

anyways. After all alot of that stuff is hereditary.

7. true that

8. I suspect that most are like me. I smoke because it helps my anxiety. But I
    didn't start smoking until long after my illnesses appeared. It's called
    self-medication.

9. I honestly dont understand what theyre trying to- AHHHHH!! I SUDDENLY FEEL MORE PRONE TO VIOLENCE AND PSYCHOPATHIC TENDENCIES DUE TO HAVING INGESTED CANNBIS RECENTLY! FEAR ME:mad:

10. I think thats right, I have Schizophrenia and am a heavy user, oh wait I probably would be wether I was Schizo or not

11. i got alot of shit wrong with me mentally (manic depression, anxiety disorder, underlying schizophrenia) but ive known about all that shit since ive been real little, like 7 and shit.

12. i dont kno shit wrong with me, at least not diagnosed, i just like blazin it with my people.. shit.

13. Did pot make me have ADD?

14. I thik the point is that people toke to help get over the feelings inherent with mental illnesses, bacause it does make you feel better and its better than taking those precrisbed pills. Been there done that!

15. If only the media would portray it in that way...

Funny really, they can, and will pretty much twist any story to have their desired effect.

16. I totally agree with this man here, My girlfriend of the last 5 years has had MANIC depression since she was about 7. She is a constant user of cannabis and Believe me, she is a lot lot worse when she isn't high. if she hasn't been high for a few days wrists start getting slit and every pill gets popped! The way things are down here at the mo with the drought I've had to take her to hospital twice this month (its not even over yet) for overdosing. :eek:
    This is why I have decided to grow for her and myself, so hopefully I don't have to sleep with one eye open when there's nothing to smoke!