8 Mothers & Their Clones (SOG)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HeirDeVici, Sep 28, 2012.

1. #1 HeirDeVici, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Hey all,

This is my first grow journal, but not my first grow.

The plan is to take 8 feminized seeds, and use them as mothers. They'll veg under a mixture of T5 lights and (4) 42w(actual)x4 CFL Light fixtures. I'll veg them 4-7 weeks in an organic soil mixture that has proved to work for me in the past.

Next step will be to take cuttings from the 8 mothers (I'm hoping all 8 will prove viable, but long as half of them grow nicely it'll be good).

I'm expecting to get between 60-80 cuttings, which we'll be put into an aerocloner system I designed.

They'll sit in this system under some mild CFL lighting until the roots poke through and are strong enough to transplant. From here they'll be put into plastic square pots in a 60/40 or 50/50 coco-perlite mix.

Then they'll be put under 2 600w HPS lights in cool tubes, until the end.

I'm basically going straight from clones to flower. I don't expect the plants to get too high, and I'm hoping to yield 20g dry per plant.

DISCLAIMER: SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT, THIS HELPS ME PLAN A BIT

We're building the grow room right now, will post pictures and more details soon. Hoping to get some opinions on this.

Thanks

EDIT: Do you think it's worthwhile to veg the clones for a week, no more than 2 weeks before going into the flowering room?

-J & V

2. I think your going to see a very big difference if you let them veg for at least like 3 weeks.... That said is each mother different?

3. I have a slight time constraint on this one, I think I may just go straight to flower and see what happens. I've got 5 Blue Mystic fem, 5 White Widow fem, 5 Highwayman reg and about 20 bagseed. So I haven't fully decided which 8 I'll select.

4. You going to be able to keep your mothers alive for more then one grow? If so i would go with one of each and a couple bag seed, make sure you label all of them so you dont mix them up. Because some of that bag seed is really yummy!

5. I would keep them alive if I could, but I don't have the time. I'm going to trim them as much as I can without ruining them and then I will likely try one of the methods to get feminized seeds.