8 Mile High - How do phenos compare?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by gilman, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I noticed the description of Mandala's 8 Mile High describes two different phenotypes. Sounds as though one leans more toward a sativa look - tall/lanky, and the other more of an indica - shorter/bushy.

Anyone grown this out? How do the buds of the two compare? Given space challenged grow heights, the shorter one would be preferable, but I am after more of a sativa buzz.

2. Read some good review on GC, really hoped to hear from someone with first hand experience. Oh, well.

3. Bump

I was just looking at this strain in Attitudes catalog, what a coincidence.

Anyways, I know there is a member here who vouches for this strain regularly and I hope he does comment on this as I would like to know as well.

4. Just wait for Pokernaut to show up, he's the man you want.

5. That's who I was talking about. Ill shoot him a PM.

6. If you hear from him, do post his response.

7. No offense or anything, but that guy's opinion is really, really, REALLY, well known already. In fact Pokernaut may actually own the record for longest average post (seriously dude, you're awesome). I'd be more impressed if someone else vouched for that strain.

Full disclosure: I own 3, 8 miles high seeds. Haven't planted em.

8. #8 pokernaut, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    PLEASE don't EVER say

"just wait for pokernaut, he's the man you want." ever again at a sausage fest phleeeeeez. LOL

yep, just like C99 and probably most other hybrids, 8 miles has a short & a tall pheno, but every strain also has rarer phenos like C99s "potent pineapple", jack herer's "cinnamon girl", AK-47s blackberry or ALL the various skunk #1 phenos that have popped up over the years like lemon skunk, roadkill (aka "through the wall") & cheese etc.

i didn't test my 4 gals (3 shorties & 1 amazon) individually as i just grabbed their 1st buds & blazed with the PLAN of cloning them once my C99s arrived, but i fucked 'em up doing that forgetting my 25 year old knowledge about not destroying the nodes you need for budding & branching.

if flowered early, the tall pheno isn't really tall. then again, i've never had ANYTHING go over 3 feet tall yet including my bushy little PURE thai full moons.

i'd expect the tall gals to have the best THC profile, but even smoked with mostly shorties bud, i just LOVE ME some fucking 8 miles high even more than great buzz disgusting licorice flavor durban poison & super delicious crushed red pepper (OLD SCHOOL!) kali mist whose energetic buzz isn't at all interested in chilling out on tunes like even columbian gold likes to do. 8 miles has a CLASSY buzz that's just pure euphoria that wants to NUDGE you into having fun where C99 & KM just nag you to get off your ass.

i never tried it at full strength, but the early testing of already sticky bud leaf samples hinted that there was a real trippy buzz happening much like the light giddy feeling you get off gold when it starts getting into your system. 8 miles LOVES tunes and will make you start dancing for no reason other than to show off how it makes it seem like all of a sudden you have gear precise motor control of your body if you're not careful. it had me doing the robot & feeling like i was moving as crisply as a real one.

the energy effect or TOTAL lack thereof effect is weird but awesome! it's neither racy nor couchlocking! it's right down the middle neutral like there's a "hole" in the buzz where stone & speed should be.

it might not be the most potent ever, though it is NOT shabby, but it is the absolute most well behaved & fun buzz i've had in 25 years! tripper columbian gold is a blast, but it can bite your ass a few ways if you don't respect it where 8 miles high is like a reunion with the best lover you ever had that knows exactly where & how to touch you and getting into a nice slow comfortable screw.

among fussy high maintenance "ferrari" sativa strains, 8 miles high is a precision tuned honda... it gets you where you want to be without spitting parts all over the road in comfort & style. after 25 years of craving getting high again (C99 is more of an energetic buzz), 8 miles was the first real high i had and it's unique features made it even more special. THIS is the shit that should fucking be on the streets and not that fucking good for nothing one trick pony (makes you fucking tired, that's IT!) indicrap greedy fucks keep perpetuating on a public that's either too ignorant to realize they're being ripped off or just too ass kissing wishy washy to tell "dank profitiers" to go fuck themselves and take that sticky skunk bud with them. until i'm out of my gear, you couldn't GIVE ME a street bud. i'd throw it out the window!

if you've never gotten high yet, 8 miles is the PERFECT starter strain to show you that getting high kicks getting stoned's ass 10x around the block before taking a dump & piss on it. it won't make nervous people have meltdowns at sane dosages, it will satisfy ANY fucking sativa snob (that's me!), it is more than reasonably priced AND you can get some yield out of it just like the useless shit everyone THINKS = weed when it's REALLY just watered down hashish.

i prefer a more potent & trippy buzz like more sativa haze skunk, but then one starts trading the fun trippy effects like visuals for less fun traits like lung busting expansion, dizziness, nausea, paranoia, & anxiety. 8 miles just gets the fuck out of your way of enjoying WHATEVER 24/7 from wake & bake to nightcapping.

i know i haven't really answered the pheno question, but this is MY experience with this extra special treat. without ANY further testing & direct comparisons, i think i'd go so far as to call this my desert island pick for doing no wrongs and only making shit fun again.

C99 can't sit still like 8 miles and more potent sativas have booby traps waiting to spring. i can't think of any situation short of a funeral (unless it's a FUN ONE) that 8 miles wouldn't go well with. you lay some of this kind on anyone who only knows same old same old, and they'll think you have the best shit in the world.

you can't EVER get anything remotely like this on the east coast unless you do it yourself or know a super rare QUALITY grower.

i'll stake all of my post count & karma on the claim that if you try 8 miles, you'll love it unless you're someone who ONLY likes getting stoned and there are a few out there. i don't give a shit if you've smoked real hawaiian thai or vietnamese blackseed etc., 8 miles WILL put a fucking smile on your face whether you like it or not and if you've been missing getting high since the dutch invasion, it might even bring tears of joy to your eye.

neg rep me into oblivion if i'm lyin' everyone!

PS super cali haze (lowlife? short stuff?) & high quality seeds super cali haze kick ass too indoors!

super cali smokes so much like pure, i can't tell the difference without direct comparison

haze skunk has real potency if STILL a nagging bit of afghanicrap stone even at just 12.5% pollution level. you can still feel a little of it's buzz after even 12 hours and it build up in your system. i've been having so much fun on that, that i've been forgetting to eat & losing weight with a lingering low level nausea. i also laughed my ass off on the last of it so hard that i got light headed to the point of almost fainting after a massive head rush! that was just bottom bud after i worked my way down from the top & before full maturity at that!

i will get 8 miles again for better testing & possibly breeding, but might also keep some on hand for times when a light buzz is called for or to introduce lightweights & beginners to getting high. the ptency isn't lacking, it's just not overpowering, it's "just right" for any situation. it truly is an "all around" buzz and a fun one at that.

whoever says "only the stickiest most potent bud is any good." needs to get punched the fuck in the face repeatedly! more shitty THC is just that, more shit! you might as well say "you can never have enough fresh cow shit stuffed in your pants" !!! i'll take low potency with a QUALITY high EVERY motherfucking time, but i despise indicrap so much, i'll smoke mexican brick before OG kush etc. get the quality right first, THEN go for the potency. flavors & colors etc. after that are just icing on the cake, but otherwise dressing a pig up as your prom date if it doesn't get you high.

PPS finally fucking getting high & energetic again is partly why all of a sudden every one of my replies is a fucking 3 book trilogy. LOL i'm like "getting into the experience of writing and living in the moment, man!" (had a really cool touch effect on strong haze skunk does that made my keyboard feel soft & rubbery the other day)

i'd like to think that MAYBE, just MAYBE my instense no compromise passion for gettin' up in them clouds instead of repeatedly thudding on furniture could have a butterfly effect that creates a new demand for getting high again and creates a NEW good old days. of course having people start questioning their mouse treadmill existence again & stop consuming the alcohol & tobacco junkie crap that bribes politicians would force the corporate & political scum of this planet to find even more creative ways to poison it's citzens indoors where they can't rain paraquat down on mother earth or to raise the stakes and make weed a felony punishable by death with no knock shoot 'em all search warrants. fuck you corporate G-13 stooges!

i'm inclined to think that G-13 wasn't so much a government study in genetics as part of a multipronged attack on defiant kiss my ass MOTIVATIONAL sativas to force smokers into more complacent & obedient too tired to go to rallies virtual junkies. take the fucking non addictive hallucinogen effects out of weed and you're left with the same stoned out effect as addictive DEPRESSANTS! indicrap is a narcotic as far as i'm concerned. hallucinogen my fucking ass!

only when weed CAN'T be grown freely and can only make you a junkie will the evil scum that run this planet ever allow it to be legalized and stoners sure as fuck aren't gonna rise up & fight back when they're so fucking scared & complacent that only about 40 out of half a million will even VOTE foy a marijuana reform candidate in non critical offices

"brothers & sisters, i've SEEN the light! i've seen a world where you can fly like an eagle. i've seen god in trees blowing in the breeze! i've seen the path that leads away from the material world! i've seen a world where money doesn't exist anymore and everyone is happy to share. i've seen a world where everyone doesn't have to fight for scraps of useless plastic & meaningless decorations....

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!!

please feel free to reach INTO the collection plate & TAKE whatever you need."

you think that's something, you should see thefucking parties we throw here!

9. Was I right or what?

10. that was mean as a compliment? right?

i'm all up in paranoid right about now. SHIT! one of the shingles just fell off my shanty in the mountains! gotta go!

11. If I distilled the information correctly then basically, both phenos are awesome. No difference detected, although the taller one might lean even more towards sativa.

12. i saw this post yesterday and didnt have time to post so I'm sure poker posted by now, I just won't read it until I'm done posting mine so I don't let his influence my post.

of the 8 mile high i grew out 10 for 10 germinated
    6 of ten were female the other 4 males we culled
    the phenotypes range in 70% cloudy 30% amber took a total of 9 days of difference between the most indica and most sativa 8 miles high.
    the early finishing indica leaning pheno had the most unique taste to it of the entire bunch kind've a lemon grass sweet taste to it (i only ended up with 1 indica leaning, short and squat pheno). The potency was different than the others in that it was covered in trichomes from leaf to stem, but the high was reminiscent of a white widow on that one but it did yield the densest nugs and was probably the highest yielding of them all once I have dry weight in I'll be able to tell for sure, right now its approaching month 2 of cure and I already smoked a lot of it. the more sativa ones i started harvesting literally 7 days after the first 8 mile high was harvested. The highs were more soaring and euphoric feeling without racy feeling you sometimes get from a mostly sativa strain. If i had to compare it to another strains potency I would say it reminds me of red dragon with a more toned down taste but refined potency in that it can give you an upbeat sativa feeling that lasts pretty long.
    i grew 1 in a DWC and it almost hit my 1000w (6 feet) light so I had to tie her down, even though she only received 1 1/2 months of veg.. the sativa really takes over and dominates the entire length of the room. I use big big buckets so all my plants got really tall and required a decent amount of training and about 20 minutes of time a day to monitor new growth and tie down anything that grew over 2-4 inches in the last 24 hours.. The potency has only been getting stronger as I allow the nugs to cure in mason jars, and I highly recommend waiting at least a month if you want to see your buds get you toasted feeling after 1 hit. Mandala strains are amazingly resilient strains and even though i knocked one of the plants over she made a full recovery and even tho it bent a few stems, those stems ended up with gigantic knuckles where the bends were and the weed that grew off those stems were denser and more covered in trichs than on any other plant..
    Moral of the story: abuse your plants and get better quality nugs from em ;) hope that helped. now time to read pokernaut's review

13. #13 pokernaut, Feb 15, 2011
    nope, that wasn't me.

i dropped 5 to start and got 4 gals!

as 3 of them were short pheno, i'd say that i was smoking 3/4 "indy pheno" and that was more than fucking good enough for me as i had absolutely ZERO couchlock like the word never even existed. that alone is enough to garner a strain respect in my book, but the buzz was clearly sativa and i've described it enough times by now... NOTHING but fun effects with NOTHING out of balance. i love C99, but it's too racy for chillin', not 8 miles. (it should be called 8 SMILES high!) LOL

don't sweat the phenos, just get the gear while it's still in stock again and you'll thank me for it later. i am the absolute most spoiled fucking rotten MILITANT even sativa lover you're ever going to meet and if i say a strain is just OK, then it's 10x better than the shit on the street. LOL eg. stoned & high at the same time LSD or even very similar but stonier mataro blue.

8 miles high is that high above just OK. that shit is BETTER than ORIGINAL kali mist or durban poison! it has the trippiness KM doesn't and doesn't make you nauseous like the poison. just like the medical credo states, it's 1st job is to do no wrong and it doesn't.

8 miles high is the kind of bud that makes you want to sing "every little thing she does is magic, everything she does just turns me on...."

you will be hard pressed to find a more REFINED buzz unless you smoke nothing but trophy winners and kali mist has several wins under IT'S belt. any strain that can better KM is NOT going to be shabby.

i'm not mandala trying to make a fast buck here. my love for 8 miles is genuine. it has off the charts med use capability for stress & anxiety reduction. everything feels right in the world on 8 miles. i'm running out of ways to describe it. LOL

if i had more, i'd figure out a way.

C99, 8 miles high, some kinda indicrap & a really trippy sativa would be my ideal headstash although i wouldn't toiuch the indicrap unless i had to. 8 miles would be my "whatever wherever" go to gal.

my signature is a little dated now as i've had great pure haze, super cali haze & haze skunk, but even there, 8 miles high stands it's ground and bows to no one. i waited 25 years for that fuckin' buzz! don't be talkin' shit about my lady or weez gonna hafta fight! LOL

bless you mandada... your old fruity "this is cosmic bud that lets you resonate with the universe blah blah blah" product descriptions sucked (i think it was ME that got that changed as i'm so hard for accurate smoke reports and i remember mentioning it in a thread or 2 at overgrow) but his gear does not! his stinky hashberries aren't my style at all, but if 8 miles high were the only strain in existence, the world would be a much better, happier & energetic place.

fun/refined/clear headed/fun/neutral/euphoric/fun/floaty/musical/fun/dancing/mellow/laid back/fun

there... i found another way to say the same things i've been saying all along

OK... here's another way...

"good luck finding anything a FRACTION of this fucking good on the east coast EVER unless you're rich and/or know the right people or are fucking growing it yourself! FUCK DIESEL!"

14. I was feelin everything you said up until you called OG Kush "indicrap".

15. #15 pokernaut, Feb 15, 2011
    yeah, yeah, yeah, i know the stories about $2000 ounces, celebrities & lost friendships etc. over the ogers and an C13s, but no matter how good a buzz is or delicious the flavor, just getting skunky pisses me off because it's the mark of my enemy.

i don't really despise all indicas in honesty, just street beasters and i KNOW no one is getting ogers back east. maybe ogers was that wicked potent dank i smoked a couple years ago out west that gave me an old school columbian gold puke & pray for death beatdown. naw... had to be sativa. it had that wheat/pine/mint odor that's hard to describe, but you know it when you smell it.

i know 1st hand doc's nearly 100% indica troublemaker (hindu x masterkush) is not at all shabby and smokes maybe LESS stony than 75% sativa cardboard tasting (probably ion grown bud) skunk #1 from 1995.

there are special indicas out there, but they ain't makin' it to the streets.

"can I get a witness?!!"

MOST of the shit out there is just a variation on the same old same old get stoned & go to sleep big fucking deal cash crap that i've NEVER been able to get away from in 25 fucking years, so my contempt for indicas leans towards the scorched earth nuke 'em all & let god sort that shit out variety i make no apologies for.

afghanicrap is the enemy. it killed my beloved columbian latina bonita d'oro and tried to replace her with a skunk wearing a red hair wig. i must find this enemy and massage it's neck vigorously before sending him from whence he was spawned forever. back to the mountains of afghanistan you, & you too ogers... i don't like the smell of you. there's a few celebrities too i can think of i'd like to send there with you.
    LOL

[​IMG]

no one has more issues than pokernaut and no one ever will.

i've got issues with redheads too, at least a specific one. she might even be a celebrity too, by now.
    LOL

welcome to the 21st century where all you need to be famous is tits and a $50 webcam or to have your buddies film you breaking your nuts on a stair rail, especially if a ditzy blonde with 34 DDDs comes running over to you & bends over in front of the camera.