8 inch bong vs 18 inch

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Slumdog77, May 1, 2016.

1. Okay so I bought an 18 inch bong a couple of months ago loved it before I was using whatever ie glass metal pipes and smaller bongs... anyways I love the 18 inch bong (even though I need about 2 hits to clear it) but it's a real pain to hide and I can't be caught with it so I was going to trade it to a friend for her 8 inch bong and 10 bucks since hers was 20 dollars and mine was 30 originally 50 but I got a good deal... now the only thing I'm really curious about is weed consumption do I need to smoke more with a small bong or do I just need to do smaller bowls that equal to the same large one I would take on a big bong just wondering in terms of weed will I end up spending more money if I start using a smaller bong??? Please answer ASAP as I was going to make the deal this week and I really think it be a good idea other then that one reason.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. lol just pack the bowl and smoke it, and the bad thing about big bongs is you a ripa whole bowl in 1 go and then you get all the TCH becase you lungs can only absorb so much then the rest is just in your lungs not absorbed until your exhale wasting some THC, you dont need to smoke more or less. but it might make you take smaller rips and could get you higher becase youll get more THC theoretically

• Like Like x 1
  4. So I should be good with the 8 inch like I won't miss out on any great highs that way

5. So would you day I'd be fine with the 8 inch then like I won't miss out on any great difference in effects?

6. you miss out on anything and the hits should be smoother because a big bong makes the smoke stay longer to fill the chamber. i like smaller bongs better.

7. True tbh the reason I was asking was cause I've seen videos all about those "1 hit wonders" and so I was curious if bongs let you get more ripped off less weed

8. '

They get your ripped quicker, but not on less or more weed. They're just a way to create and store smoke before inhaling it all at once. But that has nothing to do with the amount of weed needed to create that amount of smoke.

9. Oh okay so doing a bunch of small bowls will get me the same amount of fucked up okay thx that was actually a lot of help

10. doing small bowls will get you more fucked up, bigger bongs usally get you less fucked up becase you waste a lot of THC, you see in your lungs there are little sacks that absorb what is inhaled in your lungs (oxygen is waht they are made for) and when you take a big bong rip out if a long bong those sacks get filled and then all the leftover smoke that is not absorbed is lost. so if you took a whole bowl in 1 or 2 rips you lose a ton of THC, now using a smaller bong that thats maybe 4 rips to finish a bowl will get you super fucked up because each time you will get more THC then in a bigger bong. so the smaller bong will get you higher on the same amount of weed you would smoke in the big bong

• Like Like x 1
  11. You got a place I can read about that? Not even sure what to google for it heh, but it sounds interesting.

Thanks.

12. about what specifically?

13. The not being able to take in all the THC, I didnt know it would limit you like that. So would like to read more on it :) Well not being able to take in all the THC at one time.

Thanks.

14. here is
    here is this Does Holding In A Hit Of Marijuana Longer Make You Higher?

but it's mostly just knowing about the human body. there are things called alveoli that are in your lungs and its what absorbs oxygen and carbon dioxide and puts it in your bloodstream. each sac can only hold so much before it is full, so say you take a 1 gram dab your alveoli can only hold so much smoke so when you exhale all the smoke that still has THC will be lost in the air. thats why taking small hits to make sure all or most of the THC you just inhaled can get aborted will make your weed last longer becase if you took that 1 grab dab in small hits youll get way more THC.

• Like Like x 3
  15. The key is finding the balance of hit size. I think small Bongs offer the perfect hit for me. Of course this varies person to person

• Like Like x 1

16. Cool thanks, I will give it a read in a bit.

17. its pretty short probably better ones out there i was being lazy and it was the first i found xD

18. true, i think this is why i seem to like smoking out of my pipe the best, it takes a good 4-6 hits to finish a full bowl on it and i just get super lifted. my bong takes me 2-3 hits to finish a bowl and it dont seem to get as high, and its a ghetto bong that uses my pipe as the bowl piece so is the same amount of weed i smoke per bowl (not exactly but you know what i mean)

• Like Like x 2
  19. If I might add.........I learned over the last couple of years and a lot of phlem LOL you only need to hold for 3 seconds.......so exhale completely inhale bong rip hold 3 seconds and exhale forcefully completely otherwise you get extra tar in your lungs which sucks. Happy toking.......I was here to see if getting a bigger bong would get me more stoned by looks like no, stick with my 5 mil glass beaker and supplement with vaping and edibles!

20. I agree small bowl, equals clean hit, clean hit equals less tar, tastes better too.