7th Floor Vape Appreciation Thread (SSV, DBV, LSV)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I'd go for the SSV. Way more versatile I believe than LSV, although I haven't had a chance to use an LSV. I've heard it's just for bongs though, and it get's ridiculously hot. I have a dbv that I was gonna upgrade to a ssv, but just decided they are both the same machine, ssv is just more aesthetically pleasing. I'd go for the SSV. You can use it as a vapor-bong, just by itself, solo, groups, and you can get an attachment so you can melt scented waxes with it. I've got one for my dbv, mmm the warm smell of vanillaaaaaa :D

2. Yeah, I'm leaning towards the SSV given all the information I've gathered, so far. It was a toss up between Da Buddha and the SSV, but I figure they are roughly the same machine with a few differences, so I'll get the SSV considering I can find it used for about the same price. I've read a few other people on some other forums discussing their successful use of it with other things beyond grass that interests me. If anyone could chime in about the virtues of the LSV and other applications for it that would really interest me....PM if it is inappropriate for this thread/forum.

I'll make my choice sometime this week and if I do end up getting the SSV (likely), I will end up buying an extra wand to facilitate the extra mileage I plan on using it for.

3. LSV looks way better than most vapes out on the market imo, I get compliments on how cool it looks all the time, Looks like a high tech dildo or a mib gun all kinda cool shit

4. I love rocking my LSV. I never use it straight only through a bong and I love the unrestricted air-flow, quick heat up and funky design. I wish it was about 1/3 smaller, but hey! you can't have everything!

5. Just ordered the silver SSV w/ clear glass aroma top..So stoked it should be here Tuesday..I have an iOlite but was never really that impressed..I also have a straight tube Illadelph with a 14mm downstem but probably won't use them together very often..Seems as it may be more of a hassle than its worth..

Can't wait to get back to vaping!

6. [quote name='"QuickShift"']Just ordered the silver SSV w/ clear glass aroma top..So stoked it should be here Tuesday..I have an iOlite but was never really that impressed..I also have a straight tube Illadelph with a 14mm downstem but probably won't use them together very often..Seems as it may be more of a hassle than its worth..

Can't wait to get back to vaping![/quote]

Don't knock SSV+glass till you've tried it! You won't need new pieces and its far too much fun. Its my main method now (I find its easier for inexperienced people to hit the vape too, most of them already know how to pull on a bong. Vapor is easier to see, and bubbling gives you a decent indication of pull speed).

Either way though, I'm sure you'll be having fun. I love mine =].

7. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

Don't knock SSV+glass till you've tried it! You won't need new pieces and its far too much fun. Its my main method now (I find its easier for inexperienced people to hit the vape too, most of them already know how to pull on a bong. Vapor is easier to see, and bubbling gives you a decent indication of pull speed).

Either way though, I'm sure you'll be having fun. I love mine =].[/quote]

When vapor bonging do you pull the whip to clear the bong or just leave the vapor in the tube?? Also Ive heard the SSV gives huge hits, how smelly are they?

8. pull the hose to clear. the smell dissipates quicker than smoke, but is still distinctly weedy.

9. Gona be a member of the DBV club, should be here by Wednesday. I look forward to reading thru posts/posting here more often

10. [quote name='"QuickShift"']

When vapor bonging do you pull the whip to clear the bong or just leave the vapor in the tube?? Also Ive heard the SSV gives huge hits, how smelly are they?[/quote]

You pull the whip to clear. Basically the whip replaces the bowl, that's about it.

They certainly smell and dissapate faster than smoke, but a huge exhaled hit will smell up a room.

11. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

They certainly smell and dissapate faster than smoke, but a huge exhaled hit will smell up a room.[/quote]

Cool so still exhale hits towards the window lol..

12. [quote name='"QuickShift"']

Cool so still exhale hits towards the window lol..[/quote]

Yeah haha. It goes away fast though. I've been in a small room and the smells been gone like...2min after we finished. If there's an open window the smell will mostly only be for the duration of the session.

13. if I vape with my LSV (so this applies to ssv and da buddha also) in my room, it makes my whole house smell like weed, for at least a day.

14. [quote name='"CDub 2 Trill"']

if I vape with my LSV (so this applies to ssv and da buddha also) in my room, it makes my whole house smell like weed, for at least a day.[/quote]

Really? I can vape all day in my room without any of my three roommates knowing. They all claim they've never smelled a thing. With the window open, I can have people inside my room without a smell 5min after vaping easy.

15. One hit and I am screwed.
    i'll stick to Crz and Smokebuddy.

16. Damn. I mean it does certainly smell, especially those lung busting hits but I am stumped as to how your house will reek for 24 hours.

17. it's probably much more noticeable if he lives with non-smokers. I've discovered that weed smell is hard to distinguish if you recently vaped/smoked. also, if you're a daily user, you're nose is probably acclimated to it by now.

18. [quote name='"Bouldorado"']

it's probably much more noticeable if he lives with non-smokers. I've discovered that weed smell is hard to distinguish if you recently vaped/smoked. also, if you're a daily user, you're nose is probably acclimated to it by now.[/quote]

Very true, but I do live with nonsmokers, and if I vape with the door open, or if they come in literally after a sesh they'll smell it. They don't mind it, but they definitely let me know when they smell.

I've also used my silver surfer at my parents with ease.

19. yea i've used my dbv at my mom's (anti-weed) house for a couple years now. It never really smelled until the whip starts to get dirty and the vapor-poo accumulates. The vapor smells like practically nothing.

20. Ok so I decided to return the Silver SSV and order the Full Blown Stone WRS model..It may take a few weeks to get here but it should be worth it..

Attached Files: