7th Floor Vape Appreciation Thread (SSV, DBV, LSV)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Mar 20, 2012.

1. LSV with my new SG Mini King-
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HUG8qK40KY]Sovereingty Mini King Natty + LSV Vapor Clouds - YouTube[/ame]

2. I sticker slapped the shit out of my DBV. They don't burn or melt or anything. They are all vinyl stickers though. I'm not quite sure how paper stickers would hold up.

PNGWYN that bong is fucking tite! so jealous

3. lsv through syn circ and efs donut. I played around with water levels in each, and decided I like it best with water only in the AC. Super flavorful, yet not harsh at all. also you get the best taste when it's one hit/bowl.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahCb9efKlWw[/ame]

4. Hey guys, I just bought a Da Buddha yesterday and I have been experimenting with it. I just can't seem to find the right temps. I'll start on a bowl and get like three vapor hits and then it stops and won't give me anymore. Then I turn it up and eventually it just gets too hot. Where is the ideal spot to keep it at so I can get some good hits?

5. You just gotta play around with it and learn. Each dbv has a different temp setting for good vapor, it also depends on your draw speed what temp you have it at. I keep mine at about 10-11 o clock and I pull pretty slow. I get fat amounts of vapor. I get way more vapor out of my dbv than any of my friends that own dbv s do. I did take mine completely apart and rewired it and fixed the heating element so it sits in the glass better tho. I'm pretty sure that voids the warranty, but it was worth it IMO. Just don't come back here crying if you decide to do it and fuck up your dbv. I'm majoring in engineering and am exceptional at physics, so taking it apart probably isn't for everyone. :)

6. Hey fellow vaporists my 1st post :wave: Well i read through tons of pages of vapes and everyone says SSV or DBV and dont get me wrong those seem like excellent vapes and I have no exp. with those but i just got LSV and let me tell you flavor is amazing! All glass airpath and its very easy to travel with than i think a SSV or DBV would be. Plus if you got glass to vapor bong from your going to be in flavor country let me tell ya :D I mean a lot the people here use there SSV or DBV to vape bong anyhow might as well cut out the plastic hose and go right from glass to WPA to lungs :smoke: Just giving the LSV the props it deserves.

7. The LSV certainly is a great vape =D. The reason you don't see it as often is because people looking for their first vaporizer aren't always vapor-bonging as often. The LSV is certainly more suited for use with a bong, so it's talked about less often.

It is certainly an amazing vape - all the amazingness of the DBV/SSV, but in a more compact package.

I also agree with you about the hose, I was never a fan =\, which is why I use my SSV similar to the LSV, directly with my waterpipe ;D, I've posted a few vids in this thread.

8. The LSV is awesome. I got a sample from the EU distributor and must say that attaching it to a bong could revolutionize how you vape! Not to mention the quality you get for the price (my customers can't believe that for a little more than a plastic, cheap-feeling Iolite, they can get a DaBuddha! LSV is another notch up in quality from the folks at 7th generation).

9. Ok is there a limit to how long I can keep my SSV on? Sometimes I get high and just keep getting higher and zone out in the process. I also tend to leave it on full heat cause it creates the nicest hits, is this a no no?

Final question. I wanted a vape for health reasons. Everything passes the inspection except the metal piece inside, and the heating element. Wtf is the heating element made of, it feels so delicate and plasticlike? And the metal component is safe...?

10. The heating element is made of ceramic, it's easily the best material there is for the job. It's also one of the best ceramic heating elements money can buy.

The metal is not in the airpath at all, you'll notice the air enters much further up than it. But either way it's stainless steel, and very safe.

There isn't a limit to how long you can leave it on. There's units in the shop that have been on 5+ years. I leave mine on for days and weeks at a time. I prefer to turn it down at night a little though.

The one thing in your post that very much concerns me is that you leave your SSV on at full blast. That's absolutely insane. I've never put my SSV anywhere close, and it makes me think your SSV is a bit faulty....I only turn mine on about halfway, and it gives me the nicest hits. If I stray much further then that, it gets so hot that it will combust. Yours is obviously running much much cooler than mine, but max temp is SUPPOSED to be 900 degrees. There is no way you're vaporizing at that temperature...I've never heard of another SSV have that issue.

11. Ok... using the hands on method, how long does it take for your bowl to brown? Mine doesnt seem to go brown even after pressing up against it for a while. I got it off craigslist, so who knows if its faulty or the lower voltage version?

12. Hmm, well they never made them lower voltage, but something may have happened. Very bad things happen if I turn my knob all the way up, that's all I know. But I mean at least you can get good hits? You obviously aren't combusting, so there's no real harm done there, I just worry about your unit.

But, at the 12 mark as if it were a clock, it does take a good while for me. Depending on the strain/how dry the herb I have is, I'll have it between 12 to 1 or so. Hitting it dry I'll often get 15-20 hits like this of some pretty long drags, when it's filled just under halfway. Using a bong I'll often get maybe 10-12 hits. I can often get a few more whispy hits until it's a bit darker brown, and then I empty it into storage.

13. Thx for the info. Are you using the hands free version?

14. Yep, but the temp and performance difference should be next to nothing.

15. #95 Demianwulf, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    For all you Vape users...anyone have any experience using fine materials? I was wondering what would be better a SSV or a LSV? Mostly worried about the powdery material being lost in the vapor of the LSV. From what I've read a SSV is really effective when used with extra screens, but since the LSV is newer i'm curious about the comparison when using specifically with fine materials.

16. [quote name='"Demianwulf"']For all you Vape users...anyone have any experience using DMT? I was wondering what would be better a SSV or a LSV? Mostly worried about the powdery material being lost in the vapor of the LSV. From what I've read a SSV is really effective when used with extra screens, but since the LSV is newer i'm curious about the comparison when using specifically with DMT.[/quote]

The LSV has a very similar bowl and setup as the SSV. I'm sure it would work just as well. A double screen would catch powdery kief and others. Also try using the LSV or SSV with water. It would catch anything that made it through.

And as much as Id love to comment on the rest of your post, we can't discuss any other drugs here. Please edit it so you don't get yourself banned or the thread closed.

17. #97 PassTheGrass, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    Wait wait wait a second. Someone can answer this for me in a rep or pm if you are paranoid. It is possible, with a double screen, to vaporize powder with the dbv or ssv!?

Of course I am talking about kief or waxes ;-)

18. I appreciate the advice...hope my edit is ok. By fine materials I, naturally, mean finely grinded "grass". The main reason I was worried about the LSV is the position of the glass is pointed down towards the heating element. Wouldn't anything fine just fall out? Does that make sense? Whereas the SSV you kinda point it up into the unit.

19. I knew I wasn't the only one who wanted to know :) I have heard great things about the SSV working wonders for vaping powdery substances on other sites. So it does it all apparently. Can't wait to try either one...still making my choice between SSV and LSV...

20. Here's my new surfer!

ForumRunner_20120614_202230.png