7th Floor Vape Appreciation Thread (SSV, DBV, LSV)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Heosphoros, Mar 20, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']
    When I'm with other people, I'm just in charge of the wand-end.[/quote]

Diddo

2. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

It is, but if you pull on the whip, doesn't it come off regardless of the attachment? [/quote]

image-1664925588.jpg

I don't see how that's possible but if it does then I'm mistaken I just worry about my wand falling out and it breaking/spilling the herb

3. [quote name='"Widers not Wiz"']

I don't see how that's possible but if it does then I'm mistaken I just worry about my wand falling out and it breaking/spilling the herb[/quote]

Hmmm, well honestly I've never had mine fall out either way, I just don't tug on it.

4. just picked up this vape to bong adapter from the place where they make the vapes!
    what do you all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [quote name='"chad1robot"']just picked up this vape to bong adapter from the place where they make the vapes!
    what do you all think?

[/quote]

I'm digging the colors on it! I just use an 14>18 adapter which works well, but I've thought about putting an order in for a GonG adapter, new mouthpiece, hose, and wand. Just for fun.

6. I've had my SSV for less than a week and it's already my favorite smoking device by a large margin. Great product and awesome company.

7. I have a DBV and I hate to complain after how good it has treated me BUT....... I wonder how much bud I've lost from the wand falling out of the vape and bud spilling everywhere. I've done a lot of stupid shit smoking, but losing the bud out of the vape really is a buzzkill for me. I honestly am very careful and even give it a little "twist" to try and secure it in there good but it still happens once in awhile. I'm working on an apparatus that "Locks" the wand in so that doesn't happen. Other than that it's pretty nice and a different experience. It's the only way I've ever vaped, but I would like to try something like the AeroMed to judge it against. Other people that have used my DBV usually have negative feelings about it. It's not good for group smoking and explaining the process to someone who constantly has milky bong rips or smokes blunts is a challenge. I def give the DBV a 7/10 and vaping in general two thumbs up! :)

8. [quote name='"TrailMix"']I have a DBV and I hate to complain after how good it has treated me BUT....... I wonder how much bud I've lost from the wand falling out of the vape and bud spilling everywhere. I've done a lot of stupid shit smoking, but losing the bud out of the vape really is a buzzkill for me. I honestly am very careful and even give it a little "twist" to try and secure it in there good but it still happens once in awhile. I'm working on an apparatus that "Locks" the wand in so that doesn't happen. Other than that it's pretty nice and a different experience. It's the only way I've ever vaped, but I would like to try something like the AeroMed to judge it against. Other people that have used my DBV usually have negative feelings about it. It's not good for group smoking and explaining the process to someone who constantly has milky bong rips or smokes blunts is a challenge. I def give the DBV a 7/10 and vaping in general two thumbs up! :)[/quote]

Hmmm...that's odd. I have the Silver Surfer, which is at an angle, and I have the GonG heating cover (same heating cover the DBV has) and I've never ever lost bud. Not once. I don't have any mechanisms that lock it into place, but mine, being at an angle, should be more likely to fall off. I've also used it in groups, once a group of 7 on a rooftop, all in a line. No spills or complaints.

9. ^Heosphoros, When using it in a group was anyone mixing up the bud between hits? And was everyone taking slow hits? Most people I let try the DBV have no idea what they're doing and I usually have to explain shit and they still don't get it.

Oh, and on the SSV, isn't it angled up to prevent spills in the first place? That's what I've always thought.

10. I have a DBV, have maybe spilt bud once or twice. I usually hold the wand while I hit it so no chance of falling out.

11. [quote name='"TrailMix"']^Heosphoros, When using it in a group was anyone mixing up the bud between hits? And was everyone taking slow hits? Most people I let try the DBV have no idea what they're doing and I usually have to explain shit and they still don't get it.

Oh, and on the SSV, isn't it angled up to prevent spills in the first place? That's what I've always thought.[/quote]

It's angled down to prevent spills or blowback into the heating cover, so it should be more likely to fall out actually.

And every time it got to me I'd stir it inbetween hits, nobody else was. When I broke it out I just told people to try not to pull too slow, and just pull a medium amount. It worked out pretty well - but that was the largest group I'd ever used it with.

Usually with a few people I'd listen and tell them to pull faster if I felt like they may have been pulling too slow. Every now and then someone would pull a bit too fast and feel like they didn't get much of a hit, and I'd tell them to hit it again but pull slightly slower (and I'd stir it up again) and usually they were very satisfied after that hit.

But it is something that's a bit easier if you own the DBV, I can see experienced smokers getting slightly annoyed at a brand new technique.

Honestly something to try is vapor-bonging. SSVs and DBVs are kings at it, and I find that my smoking friends often like that. It's easier to guage draw speed then, and a bong helps the vapor be much more visible before they take the hit - which smokers often like. Set the temperature low, and tell your friends to draw reasonably slow on the bong, and they'll be able to see the vapor then, and probably get a better hang of it.

Also, among groups, it may be best if you handle the wand end, and make sure it doesn't get tugged off or anything.

12. Cool, Thanks for the heads up! I'll do some research about vapor-bonging. I've heard of it, but for some reason I was under the impression that it eats a lot of bud and I am the ultra-conservative type.. I definitely want to try it, though!

13. [quote name='"TrailMix"']Cool, Thanks for the heads up! I'll do some research about vapor-bonging. I've heard of it, but for some reason I was under the impression that it eats a lot of bud and I am the ultra-conservative type.. I definitely want to try it, though![/quote]

Hmmm, I wouldn't say it eats a lot more bud, but I definitely go through a bowl faster. I put about .2 into my SSV for every session, and I put the same amount in when I vaporbong, and either way I never have the desire for more in a single session. Using it dry though, often the session lasts a while, but with a bong I can vape a bowl in a few large rips. But with a bong I definitely get way more at once and I get quite stoned xD. Both are fun, but vapor-bong hits are bigger and thicker, and often appeal to the smoker. Just play with the temp yourself first with whatever bong you'll use so you can set it at a point where they cant combust.

14. Hey guys!!!

Got an SSV last yr and absolutely love it. I actually went to my local headshop intending to buy a bong but was talked out of it and got the SSV. They were about the same price and Im soooo glad I bought it. Saves me a lot on bud too. Ive never tried using a bong w/ the ssv but that sounds like a great combo! I was gonna buy the ice chiller thing off of their website but purchasing a cheap bong sounds like a better idea.

Also fyi, if any of you guys are in a dorm or trying to be stealth, the ssv is the best. It makes no noise at all and makes the smoke kinda smell like burnt popcorn/peanut butter.

15. [quote name='"deakster"']Hey guys!!!

Got an SSV last yr and absolutely love it. I actually went to my local headshop intending to buy a bong but was talked out of it and got the SSV. They were about the same price and Im soooo glad I bought it. Saves me a lot on bud too. Ive never tried using a bong w/ the ssv but that sounds like a great combo! I was gonna buy the ice chiller thing off of their website but purchasing a cheap bong sounds like a better idea.

Also fyi, if any of you guys are in a dorm or trying to be stealth, the ssv is the best. It makes no noise at all and makes the smoke kinda smell like burnt popcorn/peanut butter.[/quote]

I'm trying to decide whether to buy the LSV or wait for the cloud. Any LSV owners out there!? Is it as awesome as it seems for vapor bonging? Does anyone have experience with the LSV AND SSV?

16. i've had the dbv for about 3 months now and absolutely love it. It turned me from a twice a week smoker to an everyday stoner for sure. Theres nothing better than sitting and chilling while hitting the vape, so much better than smoking. Definitely considering buying a cheap bong and vaporbonging. Is it worth getting a cheap acrylic bong just for vaporbonging, or should i go for a more expensive glass one?

17. [quote name='"scottp7"']i've had the dbv for about 3 months now and absolutely love it. It turned me from a twice a week smoker to an everyday stoner for sure. Theres nothing better than sitting and chilling while hitting the vape, so much better than smoking. Definitely considering buying a cheap bong and vaporbonging. Is it worth getting a cheap acrylic bong just for vaporbonging, or should i go for a more expensive glass one?[/quote]

I would definitely go for the glass (why ruin the taste when it comes out so good out of a Da Buddha?) but there's no need to get expensive.

I'd check out SSFG's travel tube. They're a great company, making incredibly quality glass, and their travel tube is a very quality piece but for only 55 dollars. For 10-15 extra they'll add a showerhead downstem - which would be well worth the upgrade. It really is one of the best deals that exists when it comes to glass, and is a cheap way to start vapor-bonging.

18. i took this advice, i got the beaker, i didnt know about the showerhead deal tho or i would have done that.. how is that GonG adapter that you used with a screen compared to just putting the tube straight into the downstem?

19. [quote name='"BongsAway90"']

i took this advice, i got the beaker, i didnt know about the showerhead deal tho or i would have done that.. how is that GonG adapter that you used with a screen compared to just putting the tube straight into the downstem?[/quote]

I very much prefer it for vapor-bonging. With dry I use the whip, but when I use my bong I always use the adapter. It feels like with such a wide airway and little drag it gets heated very evenly. Very tasty hits as well.

20. i know, i need to clean them

Attached Files: