7th Floor owners please help SSV/DBV heating rod

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by JayStreet, Dec 24, 2014.

1. I have been using my DBV for a few months now. I noticed that ceramic heating rod isn't smooth like new ones appear. Instead, I am seeing texture on my ceramic rod. There are little bumps that are randomly popping up all over the rod. They don't come off, and I think they are bonded to the ceramic. They are white, and look identical to ceramic, except they are bumps. At first I thought these were flakes, but after trying to clean them off I realized that they are very stubborn and bonded to the ceramic.

I am concerned because, what if the ceramic is changing over time, and real easing flakes into the air path? Inhaling ceramic can cause very very serious problems.

I contacted 7th floor, and they said the bumps were normal. However, after asking some other DBV users it was unclear whether this is normal or not, because other users don't see the texture I am seeing on my ceramic rod. I also went to check out brand new units at local shops, and none had the bumps like I see, which indicates this is happening after the rod has been heated and cooled.

I'm no scientist, and I am really struggling to find out why this is happening.

Hopefully you can see in these photos:

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't worry about it my wife and I each have a Silver Surfer both of our ceramic rods have a few bumps on them this seems to be normal after use . My theory is it could be slight blowback that instantly vaporizes and turns to ash when it touches the hot rod.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. But why would the ash make the surface bumpy? The bumps in my photo don't wipe off like ash...do yours?

4. #4 lwien, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    You already got TONS of answers over at FC on this issue, here......http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dbv-ssv-silicosis-risks-with-ceramic-heating-rods.16715/

And then, after that thread was closed down because you kept asking the same question over and over again, you then just posted up the same concerns in another thread,  here...http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/page-242 (post #6039) which was immediately followed up with an admonishment from one of he mods for asking the same question over and over again.

And after all of the responses that you got there on this exact same issue, you have now created this thread here asking the exact same question  What the....??

And to make matters even weirder, you posted this up about your concerns with stainless steel screens used in the DBV....http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporize...l-questions-dbv-other-vaporizers-screens.html but again, after asking the same damn question here >>http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/stainless-steel-question-max-temp-melting-off-gass.14923/#post-632622 which was then closed down for the same reasons stated above.

What's common in ALL of your threads is that it is obviously apparent that no matter what anyone says, you have made up your mind that there is an issue, whether it's the rods on 7th Floor products or the stainless screens on 7th Floor products  and it matters not what anyone says to alleviate your concerns and so....................it's a TOTAL waste of anyones time here in answering your questions regarding these issues, for you have asked the same questions in multiple sites in multiple threads and you have already been given multiple answers both on the rods and the stainless steel screens,

There are three possible things are going on here.   Either you have serious OCD issues that need to be addressed, or............you are trolling, or you are making a conscious effort to bring into question products made by 7th Floor.

I'm not slamming you for asking these questions because they are valid questions.   What I am slamming you for is not listening to ANY of the answers that you have been provided and you keep asking the same questions over and over again, in mulitple sites, in multiple threads................ad infinitum and two of these threads on these exact issues have been shut down by the mods over at FC for the exact reasons that I stated above.

For the umpteenth time, neither the stainless steel screens from 7th Floor or the ceramic rods from 7th Floor poses a health risk............so just let it go man.   The fact is, is that your concerns about these issues are all in your head and not based on any kind of historic reality when it comes to these specific products and their use.    

The other fact is, is that no matter what ANYONE says here, it will not alleviate your concerns.    THAT is painfully obvious.

5. #5 JayStreet, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    First off let me be clear, I support 7th floor 100%, that is why I own their products. Also, 7th floor is a cool group of people, I know this first hand from experience with them. They are sending me a new ceramic rod because of my concern, no cost. They have also provided great service on other products I have ordered from them.

Why am I concerned if my DBV will be fixed? This is because I want to understand what is causing the ceramic to change in texture like this. I want to make sure if it happens again I know why, and so I can make a decision if it is something I should be really concerned about.

Yes OCD and anxiety are obvious right?
    Indeed.

I look at everything very thoroughly, that's how I noticed these bumps and the texture changing. Which makes me wonder why?

My thread here is focused on why the changes are happening to the ceramic. The threads at FC all got shut down before the discussion actually opened up to where I could really start to understand why this is happening to the ceramic. I don't want to bash FC, I learn a lot there and I like using the forum there, but I hate how conversations get closed because it is assumes that the OP has a good enough answer.

Happy Holidays.

6. #6 lwien, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014

The problem, Jay, is that when one reads through everything in all those threads, both in regards to the rod issue as well as the stainless screen issue both here and at FC,  it becomes obvious that no answer that can be given will be good enough.

Not only will you not accept any of the answers provided, you will go out of your way to attack those that are providing solutions.   When you went on FC stating that you were really concerned about ceramic powder causing damage to your lungs, I suggested to run your vapor through water to provide additional filtering in the effort to help alleviate your concerns and for that, you called me a troll. 

Ok, I'm done here.    I'm only posting up this information to save others a bunch of time in trying to help someone out who refuses to accept the help.

Later............

7. #7 JayStreet, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    It's not that no answer works for me, it's that I still have no clue why this change in texture would be happening to the ceramic rod. Over on FC, I heard a few possibilities, but nothing that gave me confidence to say to myself, "I understand". Instead, I have heard it could be ash sticking to the rod, it could be oxidation, or it could be a defective unit. I have also heard other users contradict those exact reasons, saying that ash can't stick to the rod, therefore wouldn't be what I am describing. All these different reasons make my head spin more and I ask more questions to understand. Instead of attacking me here, please let me try to understand the answers I am seeking by discussing it. Thanks.

Happy Holidays.

It's an exercise in futility, Jay.   One can help another in their quest for understanding only if the person who is seeking that understanding is open to the possibility that there are no absolutes.

I think I'll just leave it at that.

9. Alright, back to the point of the thread.

Anyone have any idea for why the texture of the rod would change into what the pictures show?

Happy Holidays!

10. What lwien said in his last post pretty much seals up this thread. Wise words.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The point of the thread changed homie now it's become more apparent that if a product is causing such great concern that you can't accept ANY answer then maybe just maybe you should discontinue use of said product also sense you seem to.enjoy posting the same questions all over cannabis forums have you thought about maybe asking a company that deals with making ceramics why? Or better yet why not say what you said to us to the company who MADE said item? Either way you need to accept that the answer you seek may not be found on a cannabis forum despite the fact said product is made for cannabis ..just my two cents good luck figuring it out smoke a fatty and chalax