7ft tall plant,STILL VEGGING

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dank509, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Holy cock that's large, I've got a 7 footer but its not bushy like that. Well done my friend here in the UK 14/10 starts flowers on most strains which is just 6 days away.

Still enough about me!

That's a lb plus plant for sure. Love it.
    Peace

2. [quote name='"dantheman3"']Holy cock that's large, I've got a 7 footer but its not bushy like that. Well done my friend here in the UK 14/10 starts flowers on most strains which is just 6 days away.

Still enough about me!

That's a lb plus plant for sure. Love it.
    Peace[/quote]

Thanks man. I'm concerned that the bigger girls show no sign of flowers yet. They are 5 month old, and I thought they would be flowering by now.
    Some others I started at the same time are already in jars. But these 5 have been going for a lone time.
    I really don't like having plants around for that long.
    Do you think I will have to wait till 12/12 before they start?

3. Well from my experience and what ive read most will start to flower outdoor before 12/12 usually a week or so after you start getting 14/10
    But im sure its strain dependent.

If i had to wait till mid september before flowering started here id be fucked! autumn isnt exactly warm and dry in the UK!

Aparantly if they are still getting loads of nitrogen this can slow slow the change to flowering so if your feeing them try a low or no nitrogen nute.

Otherwise just hope it starts soon bro!

Peace

4. [quote name='"dantheman3"']

Well from my experience and what ive read most will start to flower outdoor before 12/12 usually a week or so after you start getting 14/10
    But im sure its strain dependent.

If i had to wait till mid september before flowering started here id be fucked! autumn isnt exactly warm and dry in the UK!

Aparantly if they are still getting loads of nitrogen this can slow slow the change to flowering so if your feeing them try a low or no nitrogen nute.

Otherwise just hope it starts soon bro!

Peace[/quote]

Thanks man. Ive been feeding two that have started flowering, on Pro Bloom the past two weeks.
    but maybe I should switch them all to bloom at this point.
    Too bad about your weather. Nothing like here in Central Florida.

5. you gotta pluck the fan leaves there putting in more work for growth then putting more thought for flowering

6. #26 5150, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    IMO bad advice......

Fan leafs are the energy to the buds. Sunlight will travel right thru leafs. Removing a leaf to get more sun to the plant is a myth.

Take flashlight and shine it on a leaf. The light will not only travel thru that single leaf but will travel thru a stack of leafs. And thats just a flashlight. Take the same flashlight and shine it up the main stem. Every leaf on the plant will light up like a light buld regardless of how bushy it is.

7. [quote name='"5150"']

IMO bad advice......

Fan leafs are the energy to the buds. Sunlight will travel right thru leafs. Removing a leaf to get more sun to the plant is a myth.

Take flashlight and shine it on a leaf. The light will not only travel thru that single leaf but will travel thru a stack of leafs. And thats just a flashlight.[/quote]

Yep ^ 100% correct

8. I can and do trim leafs out of short stalky indicas though. Some times they are just packed. More for airflow than light though. I also pluck any leafs that touches the ground when the plant is wet. I also trim small shoots out of the middle of the plant. But for the most part I do not touch leafs.

My number one rule is to remove any dead leafs in the middle of the plant or soil. Just don't let your dead leafs hang. Sure way to start mold spores.

9. Yeah I do the same thing, I'm in maine so bud rot is a huge thing, just found some on my plants 2 days ago so air flow is a big worry of mine constantly

10. I didnt say anything bout light I said growth.fan leaves are a plants main souce of light.you take them away and it wil put more time into going into flowering then growing.It dsnt help it in leaps and bounds but it sure does help

11. [quote name='"ReMpTiOn"']

I didnt say anything bout light I said growth.fan leaves are a plants main souce of light.you take them away and it wil put more time into going into flowering then growing.It dsnt help it in leaps and bounds but it sure does help[/quote]

How does plucking leaves help growth? that's your main source of energy

12. please read my first post

13. Yes I've read it but still don't understand, your fan leaves convert your energy to your buds. less leaves, less energy

14. Yep and when it needs food it takes it from the fan leafs. Start plucking fan leafs the next thing you know your plant looks like a palm tree come harvest time.

15. IMO you have it backwards.

16. [quote name='"ReMpTiOn"']

I didnt say anything bout light I said growth.fan leaves are a plants main souce of light.you take them away and it wil put more time into going into flowering then growing.It dsnt help it in leaps and bounds but it sure does help[/quote]

Where do you expect the plant to get energy to produce flowers without collecting energy from the sun? The more light the bigger the yields. The more fan leaves your plant has to absorb light the better. Taking off healthy leaves will only reduce your yields.

I agree with everything 5150 said here.

[quote name='"5150"']

I can and do trim leafs out of short stalky indicas though. Some times they are just packed. More for airflow than light though. I also pluck any leafs that touches the ground when the plant is wet. I also trim small shoots out of the middle of the plant. But for the most part I do not touch leafs.

My number one rule is to remove any dead leafs in the middle of the plant or soil. Just don't let your dead leafs hang. Sure way to start mold spores.[/quote]

17. #37 ReMpTiOn, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    there are plenty of leaves besides the fan leaves

18. Not to disagree with a pro, but most strains start flowering by 14 hours of light. Usually in August. 12/12 for indoors is just the perfect balance of longer days (more yield) and shorter days (faster yields).

But I agree with everything you said about it bring a light sensitive plant.

19. [quote name='"mjmama25"']
    Not to disagree with a pro, but most strains start flowering by 14 hours of light. Usually in August. 12/12 for indoors is just the perfect balance of longer days (more yield) and shorter days (faster yields).

But I agree with everything you said about it bring a light sensitive plant.[/quote]

Agreed. About 3-4 weeks from harvest on some good size bluedreams. My monsters 9x9 are stacking hard and should be full go in the next week or so. Also in ground and potted even smart pots makes a difference to.

20. I don't use professional nutes but I've heard again that some can trigger flowering so I'd go for it. There's plenty of stored nitrogen in the leaves to keep the plant going.

Florida! Man I got a buddy who lives out there, he says the one thing he misses about the UK is the cold! Haha sure as hell not the gas prices!

Peace