Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cancer 75% CBD Oil - Legal & Very Low Cost, (Possibly Free) to Patients

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cancerbenevolence, Dec 12, 2016.

?

Is there a worthwhile benefit to taking high content CBD oil for cancer patients, if fairly priced?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. #1 cancerbenevolence, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to discuss the following -

1- Higher content, 75% CBD Oil with added terpenes, designed to target cancer.
    2- Ways to reduce costs to those in need, possibly to $0.
    3- Unique proprietary cannabis strain high in Cannabidiol with THC extracted to make it legal.

My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer just a few months ago on September 16, 2016 at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena CA. Within days our doctor had us at Keck Medical Center to perform surgery because the tumor was blocking her colon. The doctor hoped to be able to remove the tumor but it was too extensive. She cut the colon, gave my wife a temporary (we pray) colostomy, sewed her up and started chemo a few days later while she was still recovering in the hospital. Her chemo treatments are once a week for 3 weeks and 1 week off.

We researched CBD oil right away and were impressed with what we found; the benefits for pain relief, management of chemo side effects, and its direct attack on cancer, slowing cancer progression and causing cancer cell death. We decided that our best course of action was to use vaginal suppositories, 3 x a day, two suppository containing 100 mg of 70% CBD oil, and one suppository containing 200 mg 70% CBD oil (at bedtime). Our first punch in the face was the cost, $1800 retail per month. Medical marijuana is suppose to be non-profit but I do not see any altruism anywhere in the Los Angeles area. Our second punch in the face was the lack of product. Even is a big city area like Los Angeles, where medical marijuana has been legal for 20 years, we only found a few dispensaries that carried suppositories. The third punch in the face was the manner in which most CBD oil is generally made, with unhealthy and dangerous solvents.

We live very "cleanly". No sugar, all organic, filtered water (leave the minerals), never processed food, exercise, yoga, acupuncture, sauna, etc. Yes, my wife is taking damaging chemotherapy drugs but we hope to end this soon, and regardless, we pay attention to everything we ingest.

The CBD oil that we have found in our area (Los Angeles) is retailing for about $90 a gram for 70% CBD content. Not all products are pure oil. Many are diluted into tinctures. Often the oil is lower than 70% CBD. Worse than the oil prices, the suppository prices are $15 for a single 100mg suppository, or $150 for 1 gram total (1000 mg). Suppositories are better than smoking, vaping, eating, or administering under the tongue. Ingesting means the material has to go into the stomach acids and through the liver, which means that you are only getting about 20% of the active "ingredients". Using a suppository, you get about 70%. Truth is, using a suppository is not much fun, but neither is cancer and our focus is on life vs death.

With the help of CBD oil my wife's cancer count (CA 125 blood count) has come down from 1100 to 63 since September (3 months). This is much, much lower that expected from just the chemo. After a TON of research, a meeting with one the leading cannabis lawyers in California, and some prayer, we have decided to get directly involved.

We have decided to manufacture and supply our own suppositories. The oil that we will use is 75% CBD content and almost no THC. The oil will come from a plant strain that is a hybrid from three high CBD strains. One plant strain is the well known AC/DC strain. One is the other well known Catatonic strain. The third is a proprietary strain that is designed to reduce the THC. With this, as well as a unique CO2 extraction process, the final THC content will be a low enough so that the CBD oil is legal.

We have read conflicting research about including THC with CBD. Because it is not completely clear to us that we should, or should not have Ginger taking some amount of THC, we have decided to have her use a vape pen. Ginger is using a very low dose THC:CBD vape pen just to keep some THC in her system. Each dose administers 1 mg THC and .5 mg CBD. The dose is so low that she does not feel any effects from the psychoactive THC. We know some people are not living in a state that allows THC. At the very least you can get a good CBD oil product. One thing to note. We do intend to create a suppository product that has the maximum legal level of THC which is .03%.

Our CBD oil suppositories will be certified, with a full certificate of analysis, will have a consistent 75% CBD content, will be from organic plants, and be processed by CO2 extraction. The final oil will also have specific terpenes added back into the oil that are deemed to be useful in fighting cancer, etc. In addition to this, we will be including disposable applicators with each suppository. We have not found any providers doing this with their product. When Ginger first began using the suppositories in September, we purchased our own disposable gloves. This is easy enough for anyone, but Ginger had trouble getting the suppository deep enough to not come out with the gloved finger. We think providing the applicators would make it just that much easier for people.

So what about the cost? My wife's total cost for her to use a daily amount of 400 mg of suppositories at retail is $1800 a month (no applicator). That is outrageous and unfair. Luckily we only paid that price for a short time. We were soon making our own suppositories. Unfortunately, we had to still buy CBD oil at a cost that was high.

What is our plan? Quite frankly we want to do what the entire medical marijuana industry is SUPPOSE to be doing. We want to aspire to altruism. What will we do to reduce the high costs? We will be working with a charitable organization that will raise funds specifically to offset the cost of the CBD oil for "patients". In addition to this the manufacturer will add in matching funds. Good news! We are already getting commitments from community and corporate partners interested in financial participation. Our expectation is that corporate and community funds alone will cover a third of the cost.

We are waiting for our supply of applicators, our packaging, our website to be completed and our business licenses, etc. We hope to be up and running by the end of January. I would really like to hear what cancer patients, others interested in CBD Oil, and family members think about this. Please share what you have learned about CBD oil. We will share as much information as we can gather. There is a ton of research, some from the National Institute of Heath (US Government Agency) on the effects of CBD on cancer. We will post this and much more on our website when we get it up.

Thanks for reading and we look forward to this discussion evolving over the next few weeks and months.

Sincerely,

Jeff & Ginger

2. How Cannabinoids Kill Cancer – Dennis Hill

Important to read and for your wife also, a small amount of thc is beneficial in fighting cancer as it kills cell mitochondria so they just drop off and die. Maybe try and make two formulations if you can, one with thc supplement in legal states for a little more cancer kicking power. Good luck to you guys and I hope y'all can figure out bringing powerful medicine to all!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I live in Massachusetts. I struggled as to whether or not to respond to this post or not. Although I do not have cancer I do suffer with chronic pain and have no wish to know what cancer patients endure with their pain and suffering. I have had my Medical Marijuana card for about 3 months now and just like you and your wife I get so frustrated that our suffering go's above and beyond the physical pain that they strip us of our hard earned money. Living in MA I also live in a non-420 household which also means I can't grown my own, oz prices are stagnant 400. I wish you both good luck in your Fund that you are setting up. One thing to look at, you have the opportunity to do some things that others can't. Your on Fund, your own grow. Now having said all this. I have one question. Whenever I hear of Cannabis Cancer in the same sentence the next thing that comes into my head is RSO. Is this not an option for you guys?

4. Thanks for the input. Ginger has been using a dose pen that gives her a 1mg THC "hit". It is low enough to keep her from getting high and keeps a low amount of THC in her system.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hello,

I have read much about RSO and we do have friends that are taking RSO, however it is generally very high in THC and too psychoactive for Ginger (and 99% of us). We do not want her stoned all the time. One friend is taking 3 grams (3000 mg) per day under his tongue. He is a lifelong pot smoker and can apparently tolerate that much THC, but when we see him, it is obvious that he is "high". We visited him over this past weekend and told him what we are finding about CBD oil. After showing him all of the information that we have gathered, he has "signed on" for CBD oil. I have not asked how much he is spending but it must be a small fortune. He lives in Malibu CA ($$$ ching ching) and his local dispensary charges a lot more than other dispensaries we have visited.
    Ginger is not having trouble sleeping, which is one benefit of THC. Many medicinal benefits from THC also are found in CBD. Anyway, Ginger does use a low dose (only 1 mg) 2:1 THC:CBD vape pen, just to keep a small amount of THC in her system. For people in a legal state, I would suggest the same. For those in states where it is illegal, you may not get exactly what is best for you but at least you would be able to legally benefit from the CBD oil.

6. Understood, I forget about that sometimes. With me it's just the opposite. Sometimes the pain is just so bad and I just want it to go away that I don't care how stoned I am as long as I'm knocking the pain down a few pegs. But I know also I'm on the lower end of the scale when it comes to pain and I would have a much different outlook on things if I had to dose as much as your wife. I get it I do. I still look for that strain that will truly help with pain and have yet to find it. I think it has something to do with living in the Northeast and availability. Still rely on Perks for pain.

7. I am so sorry that you are having to bear so much pain. It sounds like your level of pain is much more than what Ginger faces. Hers comes as a dull but building throb in her lower abdomen. She is still taking oxy, but less than half her prescription. If she were to take much more THC I think she would need less oxy but she does not want the THC high.

Jeff

8. The federal government recently made CBD extracts illegal as well, they will be schedule I as of January.

9. the consensus concerning THC versus CBD is to take THC as much THC as needed through a suppository to avoid the psychoactive effects as taken rectally by passes the liver. THC also works on different cb receptor pathways than cbd does. CBD counter acts the psychoactive effects from thc when taken together at the same time with correct ratios... suppository only will not provide cannabinoids to certain areas in the body too and taken orally is the only way to reach those areas....

10. This recent administrative change is of no real concern.

DEA Form 225 has listed CBD as schedule 1 since 2012. This is an administrative measure, not an enforcement action.

According to Alli Cloyd, assistant director of the National Hemp Association, the organization is doing its diligence by looking over the publication with counsel, but said in an email that they aren’t “too worried…considering the federal definition of marijuana makes CBD legal.”

The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made CBD oil a little more federally illegal in a little-noticed bureaucratic maneuver this morning.

Today’s Federal Register (Dec. 14, 2016) contains an item (21 CFR Part 1308) that establishes a new drug code for “marihuana extract.”

“This code,” wrote DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg, “will allow DEA and DEA-registered entities to track quantities of this material separately from quantities of marihuana.” The move, the Register entry explained, is meant to bring the US into compliance with international drug-control treaties.

There is no major change in law brought about by the Register item. Rather, it serves to clarify and reinforce the DEA’s position on all cannabis extracts, including CBD oil. That position is: They are all federally illegal Schedule I substances. “Extracts of marihuana will continue to be treated as Schedule I controlled substances,” the notice says.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Why? There are no euphoric effects with CBD is there? I thought it was used for pain management and to stop sizures in epiletics. That's gonna piss a lot of parents off. I have seen documentaries where the CBD oil helps children and the anti-marijuana parents are getting medical recs so they can buy it for thier kids. They claim it works better than anything else that big pharma has come up with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Parents will crush the DEA!!! now the parents know that CBD and THC are medicine try and keep medicine from their dying kids and see where this goes. DEA will be taken down and hit on the head with motherly love

13. Well the kids getting that oil still has THC in it, and those are mainly medical patients who do not need to worry about this change in law affecting them. And the fact that it works better than what big pharma can come up with is one of the reasons you see this happening, they don't want to lose the insane amount of money they are currently making from those prescriptions they make.

This change in law more effects the "CBD legal in all 50 states" companies that were celling hemp-derived CBD pen cartridges, chocolate, CBD distillate etc. These items were derived from hemp and contained no THC and were started to be marketed heavily in the last few months, I had bought a couple CBD pen cartridges from O.pen and now those aren't available on their site anymore.

14. Bingo. You nailed it.

15. I agree. There are too many different medical situations to have a one-size-fits-all view of THC and CBD. Much of our focus is on getting CBD to people that need it though. There are still a lot of conflicting reports about CBD used singularly, THC used singularly, and combinations. Since Ginger and I live in Los Angeles where it is legal to have THC, we did get her a medical marijuana card, and she does use a low dose, 1 mg, THC vape pen, just to maintain a minimal amount of THC in her system. Also, since Ginger's cancer is ovarian, the administration of suppositories places the CBD closest to where it is needed.

There is much written regarding cannabidiol (CBD) ingestion without THC. There is nothing that indicates that CBD with no THC will not benefit the user. Much of the newer research investigates the other cannabinoids as well as terpenes. It is not the THC that is the focus of the entourage effect, or the whole army effect. Cannabis contains as many as 400 different components. Our processor is removing and reintroducing these components back into the CBD oil to benefit the entourage effect of the oil.

• Like Like x 1
  16. well, when CBD became more mainstream I could tell the dea were scratching their wuttle heads trying to figure out how to regulate the different compounds from just one source= cannabis... so, the result- lump sum it all together when over the recent years all medical patents are for CBD for health reasons as it is always touted as being - non psychoactive... now all of a sudden its dangerous and placed into sched 1. they cannot back track on this shit

17. They sure can. and they are, the DEA can do what they want and with Jeff Sessions as AG, don't expect anything to change federally for the next 4-8 years. The best we can hope for is that legal states can stay legal.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is not new. DEA Form 225 has listed CBD as schedule 1 since April 2012. This is an administrative measure, not an enforcement action.

19. I hope that this thread can focus on the original post and not the DEA.

• Like Like x 1
  20. indeed- our focus is being altered from the important stuff...

my references are for the patents on cannabis compounds from the late 80's till now and the patenting parameters were for the nonpsychoactive properties found in CBD . all meical patents thus far have been for CBD the non psychoactive compound though THC and CBD have the same mechanism of action with a minuscule difference in structure