70w or 150w SWC Scrog Design

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TheTsunami, Aug 24, 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    This is a simple 70w or 150w cabinet grow design using swc ( short water culture) scrog method that can be constructed for less than $200 Just incase it isnt clear from the picture the reflector is a remote ballasted hps light inside a homemade air cooled reflector using pc fans 1 sucking air in and one blowing air outside the cabinet. Intake is passive using the floor vents mounted on the back. The screen is 1 inch chicken wire and the frame is made of 1inx2in board. The only other things im gonna throw in that are not show is a fan to blow on tops of the plants, temp/humid gauge, power strip, a lock for the cabinet doors, and some flex tubing to the light from the exhaust fan so i can lower the and raise the light. Also i will be sealing the light reflector with a peice of glass so i lose no pressure i will also be caulking the reflector.

Cabinet - http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=37665-000077268-S02DR-1
    Light - http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProducts.asp?ProductFamilyID=3

Any suggestions? thoughts? anyone feel free to use this design. One thing i was considering changing is moving the exhaust fan to a corner where it would be more sturdy and less liable to vibrate the cabinet. Another idea i had was to put a small aquariam with airstones on top of it to hide the fan sound to make it stealth.

The genetics i will be using in this box is either biggie smalls or apollo 11. If anyone has any questions about this design either pm me or post it here.

2. i've been working on grow designs for years now and the one you have was one of my first designs but i am a cfl guy (i hate heat) so i dont know much about heat and lighting but the design is fairly simple and very effective. only thing i would advise would be a fan on the side for outtake larger than the intake so it is sucking enough air out to clean the box. also you will need something for odor control. i would advise some gonzos (can be found at wal-mart in the pet section) and a homemade carbon filter (search for designs that you can manipulate for the design).