70w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Produce2smoke, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hey whats up everybody? Just a quick question :D would a 70W hps light be good for one plant? or will it also be fine with 2 plants? also, ABOUT how much more will my light bill be if i was using 18/6? thnx

2. 1 plant under a 70 watt and even that might be a stretch.

If I were you, I would save the money and buy some CFLs. The same wattage CFLs completely surrounding your single plant (top and side lighting), will produce much better results IMHO.

If you were to run a 70W HPS 18/6 it would probably cost you les than $5 / month.

Good luck.

3. 70w will grow 1-2 plants, but you won't yield much, and the effect on your electric bill will be small, probably like only a couple bucks a month most places in the US.

4. so should i just get cfl's? what W should the cfl be for 2 plants, or how many cfl's should i get?

5. I would use both the HPS and the CFL's. Ideally you want to get around a 100w of light per sq. ft.

If you can get a 250w hps you would be much better off for 2 plants though.

6. And how much will the 250hps be on my monthly bill? around $10? Also about how long will it last me? I have a homemade box thats 2'x2' and 3' in height, its fully light proof so no light gets in or out. thnx