70w Hps...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by -=CrAnSwIcK=-, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Hey, i noticed today when i was looking to beef up my fluoro setup, that Canadian Tire carries 70W hps bulbs, big ones and little ones, both outputting 6400 lumens...the only thing is, they don't carry ballasts or fixtures/refelctors...if i get an s62 ballast, could i wire the ballast to a clamp lamp circuit and then just get the smaller bulb and screw it in?? Cause then i'd have 70W of HPS above, and 230W of fluoros around the sides...

oh, the smaller 70W HPS is only 29$ canadian...

2. i did thar... only i went to home depot and bought a 70watt hps floodlight and took it out of its reflector and moved the ballast and put the bulb in a reflector and its in my 10x8x18 inch grow box which i had a small plany lst, scrog and was gonna fim but due to roomate problems had to flush. i will be starting again ssoon though only roomies not gonna know,,,

3. i'm not paying for a stupid security light fixture, just for the ballast...

4. idk if this will work, but if so i'm gonna do the same thing. my cfl's are doing great (nuggets are getting bigger and denser!!) but the more i think about it the more i want an hps. reason i havent' yet is i don't want to spend the $150. but then again if i add up all the $ i've spent on shoplight ballasts/bulbs and on clamp lamps with cfl's that totals just over $100.

5. oh wow, my 200W fluoro setup cost me $20 canadian, including lights and fixtures...well, $35 with the light timer....but for the last 4 weeks of flowering i want to add that HPS...but i can't find ballasts anywhere...

6. Just buy the HPS security light and seperate the ballast.