700 to spend on lights....t5's,HPS,what to do

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Green_Life, Dec 13, 2007.

1. im thinking about going with two 1000w hps with both with
    SunMaster 1000 Watt Super HPS Deluxe Bulbs

OR

a bunch of T-5 lighting

or combination of both. my orginal plan was to hang the t-5's on the side of the plants where they revieve little light...i heard it was a good method. going with all t-5's would save on enery but i think the lumen output is minimal compared to the hps. espically since each one of the bulbs pumps out 150,000 lumens. Has enyone had any experience with the EYE hortilux brand? each bulb is $120 but moving on. I am using a ebb and flow 8 bucket system (waterfarm). AS for the ballast and hood i dont know, i will probably go with some decent brand. what you guys think?:wave:

2. 700 for the lights alone? or the whole room/ setup buget?

hortilux bulbs have better spectrum and put out a little more lumens per watt, def not a bad idea. I have a 1000 w hortilux with a super sun system 2 and plan on getting 3 shop lights each with two t-8s for the perimeter of my garden

that setup with an odorsok filter and 4" inline duct fan along with 125 ft of thermal sheild has run me damn near 1.5

should pay off though....

you would be surprised how many "little things" there are that you need

3. indeed im already in 1.5, still need another 1.5.....in time it shall paY!!! just the lights alone.

4. Although I dont know the size/dimensions of your room - have you considered a few 600's? You could potentially get better/more complete coverage of the canopy and the digital 600's are actually pretty cheap these days and are just so damn efficient. Just a thought....

5. That's what I would go with

6. If your buying all new lights you cant forget those Veg lights.
    I would say combos of 600w Mh and Hps would be bomb.

7. Two 1000 watt HPS systems will generate a shit load of heat. HIDs already output tons of heat and 1000 watt systems are generally the highest wattage out.

If you go for that set up you're going to need air cooling with ventilation ducting and inline fans so you should consider that into the final price.

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. If you have a lot of money to throw down on the grow, two 1000 watt HPS should be able to light a whole small bedroom filled with plants.