7 weeks in flower and 15 hours a day of light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by riftc0r3, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I need to know if i have plants that are 7 weeks in flower outside, what consequence if any will 15 hours of light per day have on them?

2. chances are your plants will hermie or start revegging.. are they indica or sativa ? i have a 80% sativa that started flowering at 13 and a half hour days. sativas are genenticly predisposed to flower at longer day lengths than indicas because they originate from the tropics where the days dont get as short.
    but it really depends if you plants flowering hormone levels can get high enough to sustain flowering with only 9 hours of darkness.. i highly doubt it

3. #3 riftc0r3, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    I guess the best way to say this is I'm during a reverse harvest? instead of April to august or whatever, I'm doing December (march) to end of May outside, natural lighting conditions for flower.

They are trainwreck, sativa, they have been vegging since December.(the following week schedule starts march 1st) in weeks 7 and 8 I will be under 10 hours of darkness. (Approx Date. May 10, may 25)

weeks 5 and 5 11 hours darkness approx

weeks 1 and 4 over 11 darkness approx

thank you for the advice :)

4. yeah im not really sure if thats possible man.. youd probly want advice from someone whos tried it.
    this websites good to figure out photoperiods
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html
    also sativas take longer to flower i dont think theyd finish in 8 weeks.
    you could try doing it but it may end up being a waste of time.. good luck tho man it would be epic if u managed to pull it off

5. No because that's what I want to hear, Thank you for giving me that opinion.

I am not trying to fail. I can flower them inside no problem, it was a question of the power bill, but if its an option that's going to fail in the end more than likely, then i'll pay the bill.