7 Day Old Seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thestonerman420, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hey guys, my seedling is 7 days old today and looks great. I was just wondering if it was time to transport it into a bigger pot. Right now it's in MG soil (I know it's bad) but when I transport it I will put it in Fox Farm Organic. The stem is about an inch and a half long it's under 4 100W 6000k CFL's. I don't want the plant to grow more than 3 feet. Thanks

image-610332138.jpg

image-3503845439.jpg

2. You can transplant it now if you dont like the soil its in.its just easier if you allow the roots to form a little first.just be careful cuz the dirts going to fall from the roots

3. Yeah it's tuff that young MG doesn't get bad till about 2 months in when the "time release" food starts to hit that's what fucks the plants over

Sent from iPhone 5

4. I've heard people say that MG is bad but never got a reason why. What's the problem with it exactly

5. The time release food in it is sealed with a coating that washes off over time so the more you water the more it washes off the coating and releases the food. so when you feeding later down the road and your plants are good then get burnt beyond repair its because of the extra food the soil has let out

It's for house wives who know nothing about plants and just want to add water

Sent from iPhone 5

6. Haha thanks for the info

7. hi,, give it the best of life and by doing so you minimalise all the stress,, its only 7 days old you dont even need to feed it or water it until it gos nearly bone dry you will know yourself, or should. I would give it another two weeks then transplant, by then it will have strong root system and frame to go through it all pretty much unphased, wait for the cotyledons to wilt then you know its ready to repot and feed, and that inch and a half stem is actualy a root, the stem is from the cotyledons to the first leaves, you want to try and cover that expossed "stem" with soil, right up until the cotyledons, it will grow faster and quicker and stronger as a result and also aid in better uptake of water and increased root mass.. if you want a 3 foot plant you can either flower it early or top it if you are wanting to veg it out a while, it all depends on how tall the plant grows, what strain is it?

8. It's a bagseed from some dank shit. So idk. This is my first grow and just want to get a feeling for growing

9. Yeah well if you still have room in the pot fill it up to the cotyledons with soil, you only need to water when it dries out and thats like when it as light as a feather, id advice you to get a fan in there with them and just give them light now 24/0 and they will get going,, in a few weeks you can think about moving them into vegging pots where you can give them a feed,, good luck with it ;)

10. I do have a small 6inch desk fan blowing on it. The lights are on a 18/6 right now. Is there a benefit for a 24/0 light cycle because I have been debating that

11. #11 expertbomber, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    its always going to be the debate but more light more photosynthesis more plant, when they are young they dont need to sleep I never when I was young lol the first month or so vegging 24/0 no problem and then later at the end of the veg you could give them there 6 hours a night sleep brake them in a little followed by there 12 hours dark for the remainder,, keeps them shorter and prettier looking during there veg id say.

maybe in a very arid moisturless atmosphere the plants may shows symptoms of stress with 24/0 due to the amount of moisture or lack of available to the plant from the air, but I think if you already have generous humidity levels theres no problem

12. Alright. Thanks ill probably switch. It won't cause stress right? Since its so young

13. no its fine, to the plants its just been may now its on june, more light happy days.. its when you fuck them around in flower with more light, right now its just vegging and it will appreciate that extra light if you can manage it and your humidity levels are fine

14. I'm using mg soil. Bur its the seed starter stuff. No nutes in it and ton of drainage. It seems to be doing good. I have heard that ill need to add nutes sooner then normal soil.

15. [quote name='"dakky420"']I'm using mg soil. Bur its the seed starter stuff. No nutes in it and ton of drainage. It seems to be doing good. I have heard that ill need to add nutes sooner then normal soil.[/quote]

When its time to transplant get some fox farm soil.i use happy frog but people use ocean forest too.do some research and next time dont use miracle gro.and try to stick with organic nutes for the best tasting buds