7,000 lumen CFL 65 watt

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RecStoner, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Has anyone used either of these? The one is a 65 watt with a 7,000 lumen output.

I am thinking of getting one of these for the top light.

I saw them at Walmart

IMG00022-20101013-2132.jpg

IMG00023-20101013-2132.jpg

2. i havent used them first hand but i have seen a few grows where people use them and they seem to work pretty decent.i dont know if i would use it for the top light though.at the least i would buy sum big cfl i dont remember the lumens on the big ones but you can get i think 65w spiral compacts and my buddy uses them they work pretty damn good.i use the 42w spirals for side lighting,ther 2700lumens a piece i think.they work real good though so i know the 65's would,liek i said there my friends and i dont correctly remember but i believe there 65w but there the spirals.but thats just my own opinion.hope that helps any man.goodluck:smoke:

3. you think they have any 2700Ks?

4. whats the $ for 1 of those?, if the price is right i dont see much choice but to buy 1 and see how it does.

Peace
    Wp

5. It was like 10 bucks and no they did NOT have any in 2700K :(

6. #6 Weedpipe, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    oh my, $10, thats a not to bad at all, and at 107.7 lumens per watt i dont see how trying one could be a bad thing.

an average 400W MH has 36,000 lumens or 90L per watt

7. This thread reminds me of being in Wal-mart the other day. I was looking at all kinds of bulbs and said to myself "I wish I could take pictures and post to the city from my phone, I wonder if anyone would find that odd." No offense, just saying I wanted to do this haha.

They sell 6-packs of 26/100w cfls but it didn't have a spectrum on it. The 2-pack of the exact same information was 6500k (Which is what I got) but nothing on the big boy, no mention of "soft white" or anything either, I wanted to snap and post it hoping someone would recognize what they were heh.

8. I read somehwere that 15,000 lumens is equal to being outside, so I am wondering why your would need more than that?

9. you need 10-15000 per square ft to be equivelent to outside i do believe but i might be wrong.i just know thats about how many you wont,but your not gonna match outside with floros.i love compacts but they dont penitrate like a hps or a mh does.thats why you dont see big grows with only floro's goin.dont get me wrong i still ove them though.there great for using on veg or clones.i use them to hang around the side and anywhere they will fit and benifit.great side lighting.good growin everyone :smoke:

10. #10 RecStoner, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010

Makes sense.

I did look at the bulbs again, I took them out and actually read the shit, 1st they were a mogul base (larger screw type) 2nd it does not have a ballast, so you would need to buy the fixture.

The one is like 48 watt, 4200 lumens, 6500k, the bigger one did not show a color temp, so I am thinking it is 5K as the regular ones are.

The bigger 65 watt is the same style, much larger in size, 7.000 lumens, no mention of the color.

I did look a little more at the other wall and I did find this 2700K guy:

IMG00026-20101014-2223.jpg

they had a 45 watt one too, I took the bigger one.

11. yeah i like that one alot better.in my own opinion the spirals are better i have read a few things about the diffrences but my minds blank i cant even remember.yeah it honestly dont matter wether u use the red or the blue spectrum.theyll grow great either way.if you really wanna give them the best you can get but both spectrums in there.i dont know how big you plan on goin but lets just say 2 blues and 2 reds in the top to project both rays.but like i said either way you go your gonna get plants.and as long as you treat them well and let them do there thing youll be happy with it.
    so how big are you gonna go with this? how big is your box and how many plants you plan to do? lol sorry bout all the questions man,im just curious and tryin to lend a hand.but goodluck on it all bro :bongin:

12. Well 7 out of 10 survived, the area is about 2Lx3Wx4H

13. That's ridiculous, my 125w bulb only puts out 7k lumens...sigh, technology.