6th week of flowering buds looking thin

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madmexican_144, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Hey everybody I got two ladies under 250 watts in soil and the buds seem to thin for this far in! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161821.835910.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161839.336762.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161847.820978.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161858.837809.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161866.905205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420161965.249080.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. 250w of what? cfls? hid? are you feeding them?

3. hid and Schultz 10-15-10 plant food it was the best I could find In town

There's also 2x23 watt cfls thrown in on the side

4. Looks like you are using blue lighting.....you need something in the red and only feed P&K

5. It's an mh because I got 3 for 20 bucks so how could I not right? And actually doing a bit of search people have used them for flowering and had good results

And like I said it's all I could find where I live none had lower n

6. You need an HPS for flower.  Remember the title of your thread?  How well do you think those MH bulbs are working for your flowering plants?  Nobody has good results with a flowering plant under blue light.

7. I totally disagree with you tomorrow once they come out of dark I'll show you the the nice buds on them I didn't get a good picture on them I really don't think my bud size problem is due to my light

8. This

9. Stop eating paint chips.  Your buds are thin because of your light.  Disagree all you want, every grower I know has and will use HPS (or any red spectrum light) for flower so the buds get nice and full.  You say you have nice buds, and your thread title says you don't think they are up to par.  Which is it? Don't ask for advice if you are not going to take it and argue about the validity without any knowledge/research to back it up.  Take your pics.  I am done with this thread.

10. Any light CAN work. There's just better sources at certain points of the grow. If your OK with the way your plants are don't ask others for their opinion, just be happy. If you're looking for advice, Go ahead and ask but remember your a free man and can still do whatever you wish. As far as small buds go, not giving them the right spectrum of light will definitely give you smaller buds. If it was that easy we would all just grab whatever cheap light bulb out of the kitchen cupboard and start growing. These guys know what they're talking about because they have the experience you don't. They're just trying to help you maximize your crop, but in the end its your grow, your choice. I personally want the best from my grow and if that means changing out a light bulb half way through, hell ya I will. With the correct light spectrum those buds could already be twice that size or better

11. Holy man didn't know trying something out if the ordinary would cause someone to get that rattled! Sorry if I offended you or anything I was just a fellow grower looking for other growers opinions man but c'mon paint chips comments not needed

12. And people use cfls because they're cheap and we all know they aren't the greatest? Like yes it's a different spectrum then what's it's supposed to be but I've been able to get good results into The 6th week of flowering and for what I got and 2nd grow I'd say not to bad? I'm just asking but have you ever tried just blue light? I thought I'd give it a shot why not?

13. If your looking for others opinions then just listen to them, you can still do whatever you want. He is right about using hps for flower being better, that's why 99% of the people who use hid systems change bulbs at flower, its proven itself time and time again. But if mh is your choice, it will get you too the end. You did say your buds where thin and then went on to say they're nice buds in a later post, so that is kind of contradictive. If you don't think the small bud size is related to your lights as you said, what do you think it is?

14. #14 ProGMOII, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
    MP gave you advice you asked for. He also gave you the correct advice. If you will not listen to the more experienced growers then why are you even asking? You are not eating paint chips, I think you are huffing paint.

PS.. your weak buds growth are a result of improper light spectrum. If you disagree then you have issues that require us to go to a psychological forum.

15. If you can pump up the voltage to around 400w HPS, you will see growth like crazy. But these lads are right. HPS for flower bro. Leave the light mixing and testing to the genetic guys who thrive on testing clones and shit. If this weed is for you, quality and quantity of yield is the most important thing, especially if its medical.

Don't skimp on lighting, seeds or a decent medium.

If you really want to see some shit, get a solo 600 cool tube with a good reflective hood. One plant under 600w properly grown can get around 1g per watt. If you know your shit, maybe 1.5.

But for the simplest answer, it's the MH bro. Blue is veg. Red is flower and they flower fucking hard when you give them the right stuff :)

Come join the revolution!! Australia needs its medicinal cannabis!

IG: Eden_Australia

16. Well despite my lighting issue can I get an honest opinion on the buds themselves despite the light? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420226872.878836.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420227232.150900.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420227373.058844.jpg

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420227980.279332.jpg

18. The plant looks very healthy.

19. What is the make/kelvin of those bulbs? The color doesn't look like the color a regular MH produces. It looks greenish-blue in the pictures. Might be the camera though.

20. Just the camera in person it doesn't have that weird green tint