6in inline fan way bigger than i thought it was gunna be...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mtndairymilk, Jun 9, 2011.

1. So I've got a problem guys and gals. I bought a new tjerlund 6in inline fan. The only reason I bought the 6in rather than the 4in was because they were exactly the same price. Anyways, I didn't realize how big the body of the 6in fan was until after i ordered and it was too late. Turns our the whole body is approx 13 in in diameter. Needless to say this is overkill and waaayyy to big to mount inside my 2.5ft X 1.5ft box. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to mount this stealthily? I'm basically thinking right now I'll either have to run ducting into a separate, small cabinet and put the fan in there, or maybe rig up something similar to the 5gal bucket carbon filters and mount it outside the cabinet. The only thing is that this really has to be stealth, I want it as unnoticeable as possible. I realize thta i may just have to suck it up and run the ducting behind another piece of furniture or something, but I wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas.
    thanks

2. you went kinda over kill for such a small grow... how big is your light? air cooled?

oh well.. money is spend.. and the six inch inline fan is way quieter when turned down than the four inch...

i've seen people build box's to put around the fan with padding... it served to help quiet the fan.. very cool im sure you could hide the fan in anything... or put the fan at the very end of your ducting away from your grow space

3. Yea, I got a speed controller to keep noise down. Im totally regretting getting the bigger one even though the price was better, but with my current temp problem and the fact that I'm going to be gone for a little while in a few weeks, i can't really afford to send back this fan for a new one.

Think the cardboard box it came in would be fine?

4. lol I thought inline fans were way smaller too. First time I got my fan I was like "wow, this is big."