Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

60's weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by blinkguitar2, Feb 26, 2009.

1. what did the herb look like when you got it "back in the day"
    I was talking to my roommate about it, and about how much we grow specific types of MJ so its more potent and whatnot.

do what were the buds like?

2. MJ is not much more potent, that's a myth. There is just more potent bud available than decades past. I started in the 70's so I can't really speak to the bud in the 60's, but there was bud every bit as potent as what we smoke today. There was just a lot more 'commercial' (mids, regular) and less sinsemillia around.

3. I never fully believed that the weed I smoke is that much stronger than weed used to be.

4. Yeah. If you think about it it makes sense. Landrace strains like Hindu Kush have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. There's always been potent cannabis; it's just more common now.

5. Old skool has the right of it. Like he said more potent strains are readily available so folks have access to dank as opposed to nothing but a sea of mids. Don't believe that bullshit about weed being more dangerous due to it being more potent now.

6. ^ actualy if it were more potent, it would be safer because you would smoke less of it to get high.. thus decreasing the damages on your lungs

7. well both my mom, dad and uncle say that the herb they use to smoke was a lot of stems, shake and seeds. rarley they got a bud in it and that they never had any of the high potent stuff like we have today.

8. This is exactly what my father told me about being a stoner in the '60s and 70's (or as he calls it, a "pot head").

I bring home really dank medical stuff all the time and every time I do, I show him the bud and ask him to smell/look and see how it compares. Now, he's never smoked with me (sober for 16 years unfortunately), but he says that the weed I get now is basically the same stuff he smoked 40 years ago. The only difference is that you had to have really good hookups or grow it yourself.. But he was in show business, so he said he always had the finest herb.

9. There was a lot of that, but there was also Columbian Gold, Thai Stick, sinsemillia from Mendocino, etc.

10. Some of the older heads I know, speak reverently of Big Sur Holy Weed and a lot of other really potent varieties coming from Mexico and Central America. Will I ever be complete without smoking real Thai stick :)?

11. Haha.

Your dad sounds awesome.

What's funny is the vast majority of Oklahomans have not seen nearly as much medical as they have reggies and mids.

Hell, friends of mine see me browsin' the city and they just shit their pants.

12. Aye that's a good point as well. You end up actually smoking much less with a decent strain. Good point hooked.

13. With better technology, people can grow indoors more commonly. That + geneticists (nutrients, cloning, ect...) = more people being able to grow the dank ass bud we see around today. They had it back then, but it was more of a luxury, very hard to find, if ever.

14. I have talked to my dad about it and he was around during the 70's and the said the better stuff he had was Tia Sticks and they had Matanuska Thunder fuck. Like others said there were more mids/swag than the "good shit". just my 2 cents...

15. my dad always brings up how he used to get 4 finger lids of awesome pot for 50 dollars..

the dank has become more widely available
    however... the price has changed ALOT. haha

16. Can you imagine how the bud is gonna be when prohibition ends? Cali already has the right idea by proposing the bill.

17. If it's ever legal I'll be more than ready ;)

18. #18 Nuggz, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Yup, 1 big bong rip of DANK N IM GOOOOOOOOOD. But I also have no tolerance.

Op- Oldskoolgrower knows wazzzzzup, they had Bc bud, thai sticks (cheech n chong style), Columbian Bud.

19. I miss Thai Stick soooo badly :(

I've had plenty of strains claiming to be Thai. None of them came close to the Thai Stick we got in the 70's and 80's :(

20. Was'nt Thai Sticks dipped in liquid opium??? Thats what my dad said was the way he always got it during the 70's and 80's:smoking: