Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

60's Hippie weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cotir2005, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol yea it looks like a weed

2. i think its funny how the article is written to make that weed seem like the pinnacle of weed growing/smoking.

funny how we all thought the world was flat too.

3. It doesnt matter what we think of it because in 30 years the kids will be sayin how bad our shit looks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Most of the stuff looks bad because in the 60's and 70's it was common practice to leave the outer fan leaves on. It was just a matter of style really and in some respects it also would protect the bud and trichs under the leafy cover.

I sampled most of those strains and I can tell you they were all quite potent even by today's standards. There are SO many myths about how much stronger weed is today. It's easier to get the best stuff today but the best of the 60's and 70's matched up very well to the best of today.

Hell, the stuff grown in Mexico, South America, the Middle East, Thailand, etc. a hundred years ago probably stacked up well to the best of today. Most of the efforts of breeders have been to maximize yield and provide pest resistance, not to increase potency. Sure they have selected for potency but so have breeders for the past ten thousand years.

It's telling that samples thousands of years old STILL contain THC even after all the degradation over time.

As for today's growing techniques, they really have just enabled indoor growing to flourish. Well grown outdoor cannabis is grown today in much the same way that it has been for thousands of years.

5. after all those years they still have thc? wow

you learn something new from osg every day hahaha

6. i got some pages

Attached Files:

7. more.........

and my 2 cents... i think this looks shitty aswell

Attached Files:

8. it might have been shitty, but it was dirt cheap and sold by the ounce.

9. good to know you all swallow the gov. propaganda so easily!
    "weed today is much more dangerous because it is X times stronger!"

i'm sure quality weed back then got you just as high as quality weed today.

it's very easy to look back on something that was standard 40 years ago and ridicule it.

don't forget, information about anything was much MUCH MUCH harder to come by before the internet. seems all you kiddies can't remember how it was just 15 years ago...

so go on, shit on those whose work made it possible for you to choose from hundreds of strains, gazillions of smoking devices not to mention the widespread acceptance of pot-smoking, you inconsiderate brats...

10. damn some of those buds don't look like they even have any buds on them..lol just leaves and hairs that you can see right through.

but i don't doubt it, i bet some people were smoking dank herbs back then too. they had the soil, the light, water, and nutrients. someone was bound to have sprouted (and taken good care of) a bomb plant. i was told that in some asian countries back in the day, you'd find natural herb growing in the mountainsides and that it would be "sparkly." no pictures, but sounds good to me.

11. I find it really hard to think that stuff is just as good as todays stuff. I understand it is extremely leafy so its hard to tell, but still I would think it could only be as good as our mid mids, or high mids at most. They just didnt take care of there stuff like they did now so.... also I'm sure the people that say its better than what we smoke today were smoking 3/4 times more of the stuff than they were of our time because we were all kids once. :D

12. Not even close to being true. Again, I've smoked many of those strains and grown a few too starting in the 70's. I'm not sure anyone said it was better, just that it was as good as most of the good stuff today.

I'm sick of kids who have no clue trying to analyze shit they never tried. I didn't smoke it in the 60's but I did in the 70's and it was the exact same shit.

The best back then was as good as the best now. Get over it.

13. I'm not trying to dawg on it at all man. I'm just saying I have hard time believing it was amazing stuff, but definately as good as our mids like i said. Most of it was seeded to all hell, but yes, I'm sure there were SOME people that would take care of there shit and get nice results. obviously it cant be better than todays weed though, or why would our weed be shittier? it can only get better IMO... but who knows, i give up cause like you said, I've never tried it.

14. u can talk all the shit on there weed u want, but there acid, the acid would beat the fuck out of our acid yo.

15. haha. im with you there. I'm not trying to talk shit about there weed though, honestly. I would have smoked it too. But I still think our weed is much better. but thats my opinion and I will always have it, because like osg said, I've never smoked there weed.

16. What are you talking about? That shit is DANK.

17. please tell me your kidding?

18. Agreed. I'm 44 years old and began in 1979/80 and I can attest to that fact.

19. #60 Old Stoner GTO, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    Dunno where the author found his pictures of the '70's hippie weed, LOL. Must've been some HARD TIMES going on in his area of town. I'd hate to have HIS connect, ROFLMAO...

NONE of the weed I got back in the late 60's through the seventies looked like THOSE photos, however I've smoked most of the strains on the pages shown. I feel sorry for whomever had to smoke that shit. :(

True, there were some seeds in some of the bags, but we looked on those as gifts from God. We couldn't wait until planting time!

Guess I was just lucky to be around the right places for the right stuff. ;)

Seriously, the more I look at the pics the funnier it gets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.