Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

60's Hippie weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cotir2005, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. your mom was a ditch digger, lol

2. Mids? More like schwag. the bud is pure leaves ..

3. Okay, I'm willing to bet the kief im smoking will get me higher than any of that schwag

4. try sum fuckin respect...
    i look up 2 the hippies of old..

at least they got together allover to act 4 change..
    they disregarded dumb rules, smoked in public, threw music festivals, had a good time, entertained new ways of thinking, cared about nutrition, feeding the poor, GOOD music, ending dumb ass wars, went to the capital, and when opposed by military resistance stood up and put flowers in their chambers....
    they knew the powers that be were talking bullshit and doing bullshit, and wanted the young generation to passively accept their bullshit...and they GOT TOGETHER and said fuck your bullshit this what WE want to do...
    PEACE, FREEDOM, and PROGRESSION...

now if it wasnt for hard dope, imbalanced youth careless of issues wanting to numb their pain, no support from society, and the media propaganda, we might have a better future 2 show for it, but we lost that war....and to the victor the spoils....the hearts and souls of americans...

may we see another movement of all the PEOPLE, then it was most young ppl regardless of creed or color....(though blacks were also fighting a war, still unwon)

it seems like history has made them examples, and somewhat of a joke...
    when that was the most influential and dangerous movement to the power elite in america..and those who want to keep people as unchained slaves to corporate industry and capitalism...rich thrive, poor strive to survive and are distracted to relieve their pain...use music to distract instead of present a message and have a good time...

hopefully ppl will start believing in their power once again, we are the millions of "ants" they are the few grasshoppers...watch "a bugs life" and see yourself.

5. /thread

On another note, my mom is one of those that grew up in the 60s n 70s that their weed was far better than this stuff today.. don't step in the bullshit guys :laughing:

6. if anyone has a link to that thread origianlly posted with all the strains, plz post. ive search but cant find :(

7. My friends dad was a stoner from the 60's, and he says the dank we get today is way better, but the weed from back then was cheep as FUCK. A dime sack was like a half a ziploc full.:smoke:

8. ehh most of those buds looks crappy.
    Not much trichomes for the eye to see

9. after posting this post and finding out what I should look for, I googled "High Times Top 40" then went under images. The first 4 images are the 4 pages from the magazine.

10. theres a name for this kinda weed...hmmm....GARBAGE

11. ya my dad told me he'd buy a ounce for 40 bucks. Beats my o for 200.

Also, My dad quit in the 80's when he got married to my mother, he hid a g of weed and a rolling paper in his drawer inside of a film canister. I found it one day, ha the weed looked like straw.

12. ty, i found the thread, but the images were uploaded from photobucket or somethin and got deleted...so thanks :hello:

13. #34 DANK_TANK, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

man but you gotta put your "repsect" aside and look at logic, what VS said is very true.

Allow me to clue you in: Your weed looks like shit, probably smoked like shit, no one knew how to manicure or cut off water leaves.

Granted, you old hippies didn't have access to advanced techniques that we have today for growing. There were likely less "progrow indoor" operations.

ive smoked with hippies ive gave acid too and they dont prefer to smoke dank bc its too strong for them. they prefer the reggie brown.
    its what they're used too

and about you ranting that we should have respect for them, its up to us to decide.
    im not for govt , but if you look at it, and read about haight ashbury, you'll find it was just a big movement fueled off every drug conceived. i mean we are similar, i fuck alot and i trip a grip but doesnt mean i would respect, well a bum.

you have to know how to do drugs and still be able to be responsible. i work 40 hours a week and trip dmt and shrooms weekly. yet i dont miss any work.

i just think you got your feelings hurt and arent thinking clearly.

14. Lets also take note of camera quality of 30-40 years ago. Even modern dank would look shitty taken on one of those old kodaks.

15. but when has your dank came with seeds packed in like a volkswagen full of clowns?

16. I'm not trying to argue that we haven't vastly improved the quality of how we grow and our understanding of the plant. I just think the pictures probably arent doing the bud very much justice. As anyone that doesn't have a nice digital camera has learned, bud looks sooo much worse on a bad camera. Imagine if we all had to take pictures using not only cameras from 30-40 years ago, but the quality of how we store pictures has rised exponentially, from old film to modern digital memory.

17. I think when those pics were first posted here a lot of older tokers (oldskoolgrower mostly) vouched for how awesome weed was in the day if you knew a good grower or could do it yourself. People who can grow good weed will always grow good weed. Don't judge an herb by its cover man.

18. I've been smoking since the late 60's and can tell you this - weed has gotten better, like everything else has gotten better (technology-wise). I can say that our middies today, was the average "good stuff". Of course there were designer strains like there are today, i.e - acapulco gold, panama red, and this strain called "ice bag", etc... I grew up living in s.f's bay area, so I was around when the scene pretty much blossomed. Another thing is that the weed back then is the same as it is today, the curing process has been greatly improved and hydroponics and other light sources are coming into play more often nowadays! All I have to say is that, with time the grass has gotten way greener :) , but the acid isn't so "acidic" anymore. Peace.

19. Can see where they got the name grass :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.