600watt HPS & MH Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by AliensWorkshop, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Hi all, yesterday I just received my shipment with my full grow kit. Here's the list out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the first picture it shows

-6" Inline fan
    -600W MH conversion bulb
    -600w HPS bulb
    -600w Digital ballast
    - Air-4 Co2 & climate controller
    -Smart PH controller
    -Sensi Grow
    -Sensi Bloom
    -6" charcoal filter

the 2nd picture is of my easy cool 6 lamp shade with 6" exhaust port

and the 3rd picture is of the actual tent. Which stand at 4 1/2 ft. x 4 1/2 x 6 1/2ft

This is my first "real" grow, my other one was a shitty stealth closet grow I made myself without any proper tools or growing devices. But im back again to do it right this time but im running into some questions as everything is coming together.

1st question. My 6" inline fan is amazingly loud, my other 2 roommates can hear it upstairs, when i attach the carbon filter to it will this decrease the sound by alot or is there any other measures to silence the fan?

question 2. I had never worked with a carbon filter before and was surprised to see when it came in that it was all metal and did not have the wool or whatever it is already wrapped around the filter. Can someone tell me what i need to get to put around the filter?

Much love,
    Workshop

p.s. Im ordering my seeds today, looking like "Avalanche and Black Pearl" :)