600w or 1000w

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rearwind, Jan 27, 2010.

1. What would you guys pick for a MH setup. I know the lumen output is relly close to the 1000w(just lack coverage area). I have several 1000w HPS setups so I am covered there butI want to save a little electricty due to the light being on 24/7. Also what ballast would all my friends on here recommend? I am not looking for a digital ballast. Also I was thinking of either the Hortilux(well nevermind I just looked and they only have 400w and 1000w bulbs for MH). Would I be better off getting the 1000W MH and going with a Hortilux bulb? This will be my first MH setup. I need everyone's input on this. Thank you guys!

:smoke:

2. Really? I am not trying to be a dick, but how can you have '...several 1000w HPS setups...' and not be able to determine a decent digital balast and MH setup? Like I said, not trying to be a dick, but it sounds to me like you have never seen an HID light in your life.

If you have '...several 1000w HPS setups...' you would know that you can buy a conversion bulb that will allow you to run an MH bulb with an HPS ballast. This would certainly be the most cost effective method of running an MH bulb.

Peace and Good luck.

3. No offense taken. I have used HPS just wondering if a 1000 is worth the extra 400w of electricity on an MH considering I have never used an MH yet.

4. Believe me I would love to save money. I just figured the conversion bulbs don't compare to a MH bulb. If I am wrong it would save me money lol. If anyone uses conversion bulbs please fill me in on some good bulbs. Thanks