After doing extensive research, I started experimenting with fluorescents for growing. For the space I was working with, HID wouldn't really be cost-effective. The heating issues would be insane. I decided at first to go with CFLs, which later turned out to be a mistake. T5s have better spectrum options available and are cheaper in the long run. I did a grow with 3 125W CFLs first. Everything that was negatively claimed about the fluorescents turned out to be false. The healthier of the two plants was 4 ft tall and produced quite well, and the end product was normally dense, etc. The light penetration was also fine. I switched to all 2700K in flowering, which seems to be something many people do not do. It's a critical step for good results. Red light increases flowering hormone, which is worth more than all the lumens you can throw. I think the hesitation many have on the 2700k is that they're rated at lower "lumens". Lumens is a crap rating that weights the light intensity by the relative sensitivity of the human eye to that light wavelength. The same bulb drawing the same watts is going to put off a very very similar amount of photons, regardless of which phosphors are used. Anyway, I proceeded to start another grow. The first grow, my plants didn't come in super thick like you see. I read up on it and found out it was because I vegged 18/6 which stretched them a bunch. Switched to 24/7 veg cycle and never looking back. This round came in thicker under a single 125W 6500K CFL with a better reflector. Switched them to flower on 2x6500k 1x2700K (all 125W) a little over 5 weeks ago. Switched to all 2700K about 3 weeks in. Shortly after, I corrected a severe pH problem that was killing 2 of the plants. 3.5 weeks in, I added a 4'x4tube T5 fixture on the wall @3000k. 2 Plants went nuts. The other was too weak and half-dead from the pH problem and so I got rid of it and reshuffled the overhead CFLs and remaining 2 plants to make a light box. The plants started budding from every possible internode. I've burned the crap out of some of the bottom bud leaves just trying to water the plants. It's impossible not to. One of the plants developed a reasonably evident phosphorus deficiency from flowering its guts out, despite me giving it adequate fertilizer. One plant went on MOAB with the last watering and responded incredibly well. It's getting side colas that rival the main cola. The semi-deficient one is getting MOAB today. I'm using botanicare CNS-17 w/ calmag+, silica blast, H&G Bud XL, and mad farmer MOAB.