600W MH/HPS - Sour Bubble, Bog Bubble

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MT10, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Starting up this grow journal to document my first grow in over 13 years. Took a long break and got that green thumb itch again.

This will be my first small scale grow and will be in a 4x4x7 tent.

I had great success growing Bog's strains back then and following his methods to a T so why change it?

Strains:
    Bog Bubble
    Sour Bubble
    Alien Blues
    Bag seed

Soil Mix:
    Roots Organic soil
    Blood Meal
    Bone Meal
    Kelp Meal

Nutrients:
    Pure Blend Grow
    Fox Farm Big Bloom (for 1 large feeding when going to 12/12)
    Pure Blend Bloom
    Earth Juice Bloom(reducing N for the second half of flowering)

Moved 4x Bog Bubbles along with a bag seed that I mainlined under the 600W MH last week. There spent 2 weeks under T5's first:
    asset-1.JPG
    asset.JPG

Had 6 seeds but 2 didn't germinate. Very indica and short cabbage plants. The internodal spacing is very tight. Today, they're now 3 weeks from seed and amazing what a week under the 600w MH will do.
    asset-6.JPG
    asset-7.JPG
    asset-9.JPG
    Bagseed:
    asset-8.JPG

The Sour Bubbles are exactly 1 week from seed. 6/6 germinated with one being a runt due to me mishandling it and breaking a 1/8" of the tap root. But it looks like it's going to pull through.
    asset-5.JPG

The Alien Blues were germinated a few days ago and put into soil. They look like they'll be breaking the soil any day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just found the beginning of some preflowers forming on the bagseed. Looking pretty female to me...
    asset.JPG

Attached Files:

3. #3 MT10, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Quick update. The 6 Sour Bubbles are doing awesome.
    asset-1.JPG

Moved them from solo cups into 1 gal pots after a couple of weeks under the T5's.
    IMG_20161207_224715.jpg
    The 4 Bogbubbles are now 30 days from seed and are just starting to develop preflowers. They all seem to be leaning towards female.
    IMG_20161207_224657.jpg
    IMG_20161207_224638.jpg
    One of the side branches on one of them split on its own and there seems to be some interesting growth occurring there.
    asset-5.JPG
    The 5 LaPlata Alien Blues seeds didn't germinate. Not sure what the deal was but I have another 5 pack that I just threw some water to give another shot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks like you have your hands full there dontcha ^^

Beautiful <3

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Going to transplant the Bogbubbles tonight into 5 gal smart pots. They are definitely ready. I forget how much of a cabbage plant these things are. So bushy and compact. They're about 8" tall and already on their 10th node. The main stem is also fatter than my pinky.

After they fill out the smart pots for a couple of weeks, I'll top them and use the tops for clones. Planning on flipping them to 12/12 on Jan 1st which would be about 2 months of veg.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got the 4 Bogbubbles transplanted. Here's a trick I learned from an old grower.

Set an empty pot in the new pot and pack the soil around it.
    asset-2.JPG
    Then you can just pull out the pot and slide the plant right in with minimal stress, if any. The soil in the lower half of the pot has a little more bone meal in it so that when the roots reach the bottom they'll be ready for flowering and can utilize it at that point.
    asset-3.JPG
    Like I had suspected, they were definitely ready! The roots look really healthy and should love the bigger smart pots.
    asset-4.JPG
    asset-8.JPG
    The pheno on the bottom right seems to be more sensitive to nutes and showing some signs of nute burn. The rest are handling my light feeding once a week just fine.
    asset-7.JPG
    asset-6.JPG
    asset-5.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Thadeus Polee, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    nice

• Like Like x 2
  9. Very nice plants and progress there. I love it.

I'm gonna learn the tricks of growing my own weed too. Someday I will master it.

My question is, why are female plants better than their male counterparts? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. haha! well ya see man, male's do NOT produce bud. Males are great, if you plan on making seeds or something. Males have a very small amount of THC (one of the main psychoactive components, and the most desired chemical naturally in the plant)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wonderful idea! and no, shit! lol. very nice man. watch them preflowers though... i've had 'em look like that, and be hermied, but that was most likely to shitty bag seed genetics. Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey man,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know males didn't produce bud. I love bud for life. And haha I love females too, like I love bud.

Talk to you later.

13. Glad i was able to clear that up before you started!

• Like Like x 2
  14. You're an awesome buddy I can depend on, always.

15. Nice looking jurno brotha

• Like Like x 1
  16. ????? lol

17. Lol! It's an inside joke, don't worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Things are chugging along. One of the Bogbubbles and the bagseed plant both grew balls last weekend so they were culled.

The Bogbubble on the right threw some pistils so it was topped and cloned.
    asset-28.JPG

The two on the right, I'll not 100% positive on yet. I did manage to take some close-ups of the preflowers. Any guesses?

#1 is on the upper right corner:
    asset-9.JPG
    asset-10.JPG

#2 on the bottom right corner:
    asset-20.JPG
    asset-18.JPG
    asset-15.JPG

The 6 Sour Bubbles in the middle are 3 weeks from seed and have really taken off under the MH.

19. I just chopped the 2 Bogbubbles on the right. The preflowers started to grow stems and claws and were definitely male. So out of 6 seeds, 4 germinated and only 1 female. [​IMG]
    asset-12.JPG
    The 6 Sour Bubbles are coming along. 3 of them are much taller than the rest and I suspect may be male based on observations on how the male Bogbubbles looked and grew.

I tied down some of the branches on the lone female and will veg her until the Sour Bubbles are ready to flower.
    asset-14.JPG
    Just popped a couple feminized White Widow x Big Bud seeds and a feminized Incredible Bulk. Also have some Alien Bubba Berry that will be in the next round.

20. The last pic I posted was from Friday. It's amazing how things have progressed in just the last few days. Here is tonight.
    asset.JPG

Will be transplanting the Sour Bubbles into smart pots tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1