600w lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tommyT2018, Nov 14, 2018.

1. how far do people hang these? ive got a aircooled system so temperature isnt a problem. i thought 41cm was sunlight distance

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

2. um... what 600W light?

3. hps sorry ahha

4. Put your hand between the light and the top of the plant.
    If it is uncomfortable for you then it will be uncomfortable for the plant. Raise your light High Enough that it's not uncomfortable for you to hold your hand there for up to at least a minute without getting burned or feeling very uncomfortable but approximately 20" should be around the right height I usually keep mine around. 18" to 24" up to 30" depending on how much I want tyem to stretch or if I want them to be squatty.

sent sitting in my garden

5. thanks for the help matey. so are these distances from my glass on my aircooled lights or from the bulb itsself?

• Like Like x 1
  6. The distance isn't so important by measuring its really by the back of your hand. It's the only way I personally do it. So if it's uncomfortable to you it's going to be uncomfortable for the plant that's for real. That is with HPS and CMH lights LEDs are different . But there's different theories on closer versus further away again I explained that in the above page. you learn as you grow the more you grow the more you know this is a good practice for you to help understand plant Dynamics better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i get that mate thanks i do that with my other lights. but with my aircooled light.. theres no point where it is warm even the glass is cold. my plants are getting bleached and all i want to know is the correct distance from my aircooled light and where you measure from the glass or the bulb. 600w hps

• Like Like x 1
  8. Each strain is different; some like more light and some like less. A lux meter or a par meter could help you. You can use an app on your phone to get a rough figure of lumens.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theres like 7 inch from the glass to the bulb so if i put them really high say 25 inch then they could be 31 inch away really because i haven't correctly measured the distance. if i measure from the bulb then they could potentially be 7 inch closer than maybe they are meant to be..

• Like Like x 1
  10. yes ive seen those :D i definitely want to invest in one at some point. thats cool tho ill habe to check thay out on my phone :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ask you a question. 7 inches from the top of your plants. wow that's close . Can you put your hand in there and leave it in there for a couple of minutes between the plant in the light ?

All my lights are air-cooled as well and that's how I use it.
    The air cooling the light is not going to change the temperature of the light to the plant.

I sent you some pics showing my present grow operation right now and how far my lights are above my plant hopefully this gives you an idea of what I'm trying to tell you to help you out. There are approximately 21 in right now give or take but you're too close at 7 in that is way too close in my opinion I've never even heard of anybody I don't even do that and I do extreme growing extreme everything LOL take care grow bro hope this helps[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. i meant 7 inch from the glass of the aircool to the bulb. like where do measure from? the glass on the aircool to the plants or from the bulb inside the aircool to the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  13. i meant 7 inch from the glass of the aircool to the bulb. like where do measure from? the glass on the aircool to the plants or from the bulb inside the aircool to the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 Growtogrow, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    And like my man said up there and a few pages up all strains are a little bit different if you look at my inside grow operation on this forum from earlier this year when I was using the raised bed in this same grow space I had 3 CMH lights over top of the grow and 4 T5 8 bulb lights. I had turn those lights on all the last two and three weeks of the grow and I discovered light stress it wasn't no heat per se between the plant and the light but the light itself stress the plant out and what I'm getting at is that not all of them stressed some actually thrived in it a couple of them stressed a little bit just to give you a heads up bro.
    I sent you a couple pics of it I can't get any more pics up? a bug got in my phone and move my pictures all over the place and now they're very hard to find but hopefully these will help you out in also seeing what I'm talking about[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. yeah from the glass surface really no other place to measure from that I know of.

16. Well bud I hope this helps you out I got to go we're expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow today and I got to get my snow blower up and running take care my friend if you got any more questions give me a holler I'll try to help you out take care

17. right okay mate :D thats all i want to know ive been measuring from the wrong point. thanks for all your help mate its just confusing because normally you measure from the bulb not the reflectors. ive been 7 inch closer than ive wanted to be basically

• Like Like x 1
  18. thanks made it did help alot and its all interesting anyway :D i hope it doesnt snow to much for you matey :D

• Like Like x 1