600w LED + Bubble Buckets (Cinderella 99)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Rents, Jul 25, 2016.

1. #2 Rents, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Day 3:
    I got a bucket and air stone for the second plant. My second 300w LED arrived today too, but I'm waiting a bit to set it up to save on electricity. My temps are getting a bit high during the day at 85, but there's not much I can do about it at this point. It's been super hot in the midwest lately. The lights are on 18-6, going off during the hottest part of the day. I've been wetting both plugs, especially the one that was on top of the bucket a few times a day.

My plan right now is to lst both plants toward the light then rotate the buckets so the plants will naturally grow around the rims of the buckets, periodically tying them down. I've never seen anyone try something like this. Will it work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Day 4:

I ordered some more rocks for the second pot, but they got stolen from my porch while I was at work. For now, I just transferred some from the other pot so I won't have to disturb the roots too much later. The roots on the left one are looking really good. Temps are getting pretty high. They spiked at 87 today, but the plants seem to be doing fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Day 7:

I managed to get a window a/c which is helping with keeping temps down. They're still spiking around 85 during the day though. I might just have to power through until the weather cools off. The second seedling is getting a little brown around the edges. I'm wondering if it might be heat stress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Day 9:

The first plant is showing some really good growth. It's got lots of roots sticking through the bottom and lots of new leaves up top. Second one is starting to show more severe burn. I changed out the water on the second with plain ph'd tap water. Hopefully that will fix the problem. The a/c has been keeping the temps below 80 for the most part so that issue seems to be solved.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Day 11:

More growth from #1. #2 seems to be doing better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. How close are the lights to the plants? What is the ph? Any nutes?

My grow is 3 days ahead of yours.

7. The lights are probably 2.5' from the plants. I've been lowering the pH every couple days to keep it between 5.5 and 6.5. It seems drift upward over time. I switched to no nutrients in the second plant because of the burn, but I have 1/2 tsp of each in the first bucket.

8. lower your lights a foot maybe? ur plants are definitely strechin.

9. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

10. Day 13:

Lowered the lights yesterday. Everything is still looking good. The second bucket finally has roots touching the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Day 15

I took pictures this time with the lights out so you could better see the burn. There's a little burn on the tips of the leaves of #1 now too. I really don't think it's nutrient burn. I might try replacing the water when I get home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Make sure water temp is good as well if your daytime temps are hittin 85 your res has to be a little warm as well , throw some water with ice in there to help the oxygen dissolve until night time hits and it's cooler helped a lot with mine I had a 18gallon bin ..if not that then tweak the ph and add some cal mag too just to be sure .. Just suggestions idk a lot of things lol best of luck keep updating

13. I'll give that a try. The burn on #1 is getting pretty bad, so I'm getting a little worried.

14. My ambient temps are 77f outside and 83 inside the grow area. I suspect that my rez temps were a bit warm so I put in frozen 20 oz bottle of water every morning and evening. This morning the Rez temp was 75f before I switched out the bottle.

Check out my journal (converted 95 gallon) my last entry was from Sunday. I'll post day 19 pics tomorrow.

15. Day 18:

I started putting frozen water bottles into the bucket twice a day. I've been noticing some nice root development since then. I also changed out the water yesterday and added 2 tsp of each nutrient to each bucket. They're sitting around 550ppm each.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Niceeeee , as long as the new growth shows no signs of burn I think your in the clear keep those temps right you'll be good mine started out funny now it's looking pretty decent all because of water temp

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #19 Rents, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Day 21:

Growth is continuing very slowly. Comparing this to my previous grow, the root development seems extremely slow. Many of the roots are growing out the bottom of the pot, then going back up inside. There's really only one long root hanging from the bottom of each.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 550ppm is way too much nutrients for your light. Your light is equivalent to a 250w hps/mh. Do not go over 250- 300ppm in flower. Use RO water and lower the nutrients to 150ppm... just my $0.05

I just wrote this to another member to help... maybe it will help you...
    The recommended dosage on your bottle of nutrients is based on 1000w happy healthy grows. If you are using less light then you need to give her less nutrients. A 600w HPS would use 33% less and a 400w HPs 66% less nutrients. For guys starting out in hydro I would suggest these ROUGH guidelines.... if you are using a 600w HPS that 600ppm be your max...400w HPS light = 400ppm max. Remember that more nutrients does not give you a bigger yield. You can recover from not enough nutrients in days but if you over feed your plant it could take weeks or maybe never for her to recover.

C02 (carbon dioxide) + H20 (water) + LIGHT = C6H22O6 (sugar molecule) + O2 (oxygen)

Nutrients are not in the photosynthesis equation so do not get caught up thinking nutrients increase yield. Yield is based on light.

Use RO water and a cal mag product, it will save you headaches. Your tap water has high ppm levels of toxic salts and chlorine. Your tap water could already have 400ppm of dissolved solids in it and if you add nutrients to that then you just over feed your plant and it will burn. I hope this helped and did not confuse you. Good luck with your grow and thanks